Rich Cronin

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Anyone else thoroughly impressed with this interview? Not so much on Howard's end, but the Cronin guy really brought some good stories and knew how to tell them. I of course groaned when Howard announced a former "boy band" member would be coming in, but I really ended up liking the interview...from Lou Perlman to leukemia to (especially) Jennifer Love Hewitt. I had a HUGE crush on her during my adolescent years, so it was nice to live vicariously through him. Who knew she was so crazy?

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
I of course groaned when Howard announced a former "boy band" member would be coming in, but I really ended up liking the interview.

I felt exactly the same way. When I heard the introduction, I thought "well, this is gonna suck", but the guy told some great stories. I don't know if he's got more stuff to talk about or not, but if he did then it would be great if they brought him back again sometime.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
The thing I can't believe is there were actually some guys who fell for Perlman's "I hate to have to do this, this really sucks and I won't get any pleasure out of it, but I have to teach you how to service some German music executive in order to further your career!" :eek:

Are there really guys who are that stupid, or did they know what he was doing and went along with it?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Are there really guys who are that stupid, or did they know what he was doing and went along with it?

Well Nsync was lucky. They had that Lance Bass to offer up. I'm sure he wasn't as opposed to diddling Lou Perlman as others may have been.

JDP

Oct 15, 2008
The thing I can't believe is there were actually some guys who fell for Perlman's "I hate to have to do this, this really sucks and I won't get any pleasure out of it, but I have to teach you how to service some German music executive in order to further your career!" :eek:

They are blinded by the chance for fame.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
They are blinded by the chance for fame.

You could promise me the career of The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and U2 all rolled into one, and I ain't going there. I ain't even going the "KC posed for gay photographs (with a German homo!)" route.

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
to tell you the truth .. I shut off the AM live feed.. I just didn't want to hear another "boy band" guy blabbling.. but then I spoke with someone else that really liked the interview so I listened on the replay.

It was a great interview.. I think it's a riot that JLH is a playa..given out rings..haha.. I hated his music tho..

JDP

Oct 15, 2008
You could promise me the career of The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and U2 all rolled into one, and I ain't going there. I ain't even going the "KC posed for gay photographs (with a German homo!)" route.

That's why most people aren't famous... eh?

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I'm just glad it wasn't Kevin Cronin from REO Speedwagon. I don't know who in the hell that guy had to eff to become famous?

Great interview. I think Rich Cronin broke a record for saying, "What the fuck?" during an interview.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
When I heard the song they played before the interview I thought, "Oh God they're having this fuck on the show?" and I was ready to throw my radio out the window. But he ended up talking a lot of shit. I knew all those boy band managers were perverts!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Like all of you I wondered why they would even have this guy on. I don't remember his old band but I do remember the big song they had.

Anyway, I was loving this interview in about 2 seconds and he was by far the best guest of the week, probably of the year. I know, I know, McCartney was on and that was super cool but Rich Cronin was candid, hilarious and had a great attitude and could really make fun of himself.

I would love for him to come back on the air.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i was about to bail on it, because I had a hard time listening to the way he talked. Very broken speech pattern, with an awfull boston accent.

I'm glad I didn't though, great interview. Loved it

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Heard most of the interview and the guy was a gas. His JLH story had me drooling. Howard brings out the best in everyone he interviews. I'm still a Love Hewitt fan. Cronin has bee through some crap and lived to tell about it hopefully in a book.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
His voice reminded me of one of the Ramones, for some reason. It was a funny interview, never heard of LFO before, but kinda liked his new music.

It just seems odd to me that people would turn away based on the description. Has Howard done a series of Boy Band member interviews that sucked? The last guy they had in was pretty interesting too, IMO. Was there something else you were wanting to listen to?

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Well Nsync was lucky. They had that Lance Bass to offer up. I'm sure he wasn't as opposed to diddling Lou Perlman as others may have been.

Ha HA! I thought the same thing. But I do believe that Lou wasn't into anyone diddling him, it was Lou that was the diddler.

Man, and what a creepy guy too. SO ugly.