Rewatching Battlestar Galactica: Ramblings Of A Lunatic

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I think this is the second time I'm rewatching the series. It's been at least 4 years and seeing how it's in my top 10 all time favorite shows I thought I'd give it another go. I got a kick out of writing about all the Bond movies (I still have 2 to go, I'm purposely holding off cause I don't want to finish the series) and I figured I'd do the same for BSG. Like the title says, my insane ramblings will likely be of very little significance to you all but I like doing it and it's another thing to keep me busy on overnights or whenever I'm bored.

I've already watched the miniseries and season 1. I am going in mostly chronological order. It will go like this:

Pilot Miniseries Movie
Season 1
Season 2 (with Extended version of episode "Pegasus")
The Resistance Webisodes
Season 3 (with Extended version of "Unfinished Business")
Razor
Season 4 up through "Revelations" or "Sometimes a Great Nation" *Maybe stop here and finish off w/The Plan*
The Face Of the Enemy Webisodes
The rest of Season 4 (with Extended version of "A Disquiet Follows My Soul")
The Plan

And then possibly:

Caprica
Blood and Chrome

I read that when the crew learned of the upcoming writers strike they wrote either Revelations or Sometimes a Great Nation as a type of finale for the show. Since literally anything would be better than the actual finale I may stop there to see if it changes my opinion of the final season.

This should prove to be an incredible waste of time but I think it will be fun.

bsg-75-wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok here we go:

S02E01.

Season 2 stars off strong with 3 major plot lines.

1. Adama was shot.
2. Starbuck is back on Caprica finding some religious artifact.
3. Tyrol and others are stuck on Kobol.

Lots of fun, hectic action to get the season started. I like when Col Tigh gets thrust into the full on leadership position. He is a drunk screw up but can step up when it counts and that's exactly what happened here. Also there is a cool space battle the BSG needs to find the rest of the fleet that winds up with the battlestar being boarded by Cylons at the very end. Very good ep. 5/5

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
S02E02
Fun, bloody, close quarter combat btw/the Cylons that boarded the ship and BSG's crew. Good ep. 3.5/5

S02E03
These eps that deal with moral dilemmas in leadership while also fighting Cylons are why I love the show so much. Down on Kobol Crashdown is the officer in charge but he's fracking everything up so Baltar kills him in a very tense scene. Back on BSG Tigh starts drinking again and even though he knows better he is backed into a corner and declares martial law. Everything about this ep was great! 5/5

S02E04
Back on Kobol with Starbuck now. We meet the Pyramid team and their star Anders. Fun scene where they figure out everyone is on the same team. On BSG Tigh struggling with his martial law and it's neat to see him weigh his wife's crazy advice with what he thinks Adama would do. Meanwhile President Roslin sneaks her way out of jail to try to put her government back together and restore order. I think Tigh is really trying his best but he's not suited for the commander position. Adama Wakes up at the end and Cylon Sharon gets killed. Huge ending! 4/5

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just noticed that the miniseries and all 4 seasons are now free with Prime! I thought I'd take a look cause I was down to watch another episode and there it was. Turns out it came on the service on 12.20. Nice too cause my copies are in 720 and Prime has them in 1080.

I'm up to s02e08 now. Maybe I'll get back to my dumb recaps if I get bored enough.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Took about 2 months off my rewatching journey but I'm back with a good one.

s02e10 Pegasus (extended cut) - A full hour long episode where the BSG meets the Battlestar Pegasus! Everything seems great at first when the two Battlestars meet but we soon learn of a crazy Admiral Cain who outranks Adama, take command of the fleet, but has no problem executing her own staff. Then we move onto Pegasus crew raping Cylons. That's one of the more disturbing scenes in the series. All and all this is a fantastic, dark episode that sets the stage for Adama and the BSG facing off against Cain and the Pegasus. 5/5

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So apparently I left off on s02e10. Well I decided to start the miniseries over. Man these eps are great! It's so much fun seeing the fleet and colonies get attacket and how they all react like heroes. And it's fitting I start it over when I have a BSG avatar.

I also need to finish The Expanse. I still have new eps of that show to watch. It's probably the closest to BSG we've got these days.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So I am starting down a long and winding nerd road of rewatching BSG. Apparently it's all free on Syfy.com.

My descent into madness continues. Wish me luck.

Also F the Cylons.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
DUDE!!! This show is filled with cool spaceships and they fight people and the secretary of education all of a sudden becomes the president and they name her ship that was originally Colonial heavy 798, colonial one. Everything about this show is cool.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
While BSG may be the best show ever (except that coal miner union episode) the SyFy website is the worst. It counts the wrong way...like it starts at the end of a season and you have to scroll down to get to the beginning. And a lot of times it simply stops working and you have to refresh a few times.

How dare free stuff not also be easy? This is a travesty of epic proportions and should be addressed by congress.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
everything goes wrong in this show all the time. it really makes the part of my brain that feels drama hurt. also it's cool sifi in spaceships and the good guys always wind up winning.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I have nothing to do for the next few days. How better to celebrate Thanksgiving week than to spend it restarting BSG?

This series just makes me happy. Comfort food viewing.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Yea, I hear ya. But Ferengi and shit like that are not as fun as Cylons.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
for the past 3 weeks I've been working 6 day weeks (yay OT) and it gets to be a bit much. Today's my day off. Laura wants me to do whatever w her and I kinda love that girl so I'm down for that but when I get a bit of alone time I just restart BSG. It's such a great show. Heavy scifi drama for days.

You think I can spin it as romantic to have her come here and just lay w me watching BSG? That would be some heavy spin.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
for the past 3 weeks I've been working 6 day weeks (yay OT) and it gets to be a bit much. Today's my day off. Laura wants me to do whatever w her and I kinda love that girl so I'm down for that but when I get a bit of alone time I just restart BSG. It's such a great show. Heavy scifi drama for days.

You think I can spin it as romantic to have her come here and just lay w me watching BSG? That would be some heavy spin.
She won't watch BSG with you? Warning sign!

The things she wants to do with you will eventually turn into a "Honey Do" list. Enjoy your time off while you still have it.