Reutimann - Great Pit Strategy or Stolen Race?

Great Pit Strategy or Stolen Race

• Great Pit Strategy

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Stolen Race

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Neither - Please explain

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
David Reutimann will probably dominate the calls today with the 'rained out' win. What's your thoughts on the win?

I vote for strategy. You never know what will happen with the weather. While it sucks not to see the dominating car win, it just goes to show how important that guy on the box is. :yesshake:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
It was both. He stole it with great strategy. Thats the first time ive ever seen that happen and succeed. Im sure its happened before, but its the first time ive seen it in 21 years.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
A bit of strategy and luck. The rain could have stopped and looked like it would for a while there.
A win is a win is a win.

Last edited:

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
It's both, but at least it's someone that has been improving since day 1. I think he is due a win, he would have rather raced for it I'm sure, but it counts just the same. I compare it to Mears win, only Rooty Poo is gettin better all the time. I wouldnt call his a fluke, but I would Mears', even if his counts just the same.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I have to go with both as well, I guess a win is a win, and lots of drivers have won the same way, including his boss. It's just that I feel a little robbed when a race is shortened. I like "The Franchise" and I hope this the first of many.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
He didn't steal that win in anyway at all. The race was a strategy game from the get go knowing rain was coming and his team made the right call to stay out.... Good for them.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Pit strategy gets my vote. Always hate to see a race not go to the end, but I view the call the same as a no tire, 2 tire, 4 tire call or fuel/no fuel. Hero or zero. crew chiefs make the calls that win/lose races. All had the opportunity to make a call. 00 made the right one this time...next time who knows. C'mon Dover.:clap:

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Pit strategy gets my vote. Always hate to see a race not go to the end, but I view the call the same as a no tire, 2 tire, 4 tire call or fuel/no fuel. Hero or zero. crew chiefs make the calls that win/lose races. All had the opportunity to make a call. 00 made the right one this time...next time who knows. C'mon Dover.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I guess steal isnt exaclty what I would say, it was just the 2 choices given here. I think luck and strategy is better words for it. The same 2 things that have a part in every race!:smug:

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
I wouldn't want my first win to be a rain shortened race. Now when will Reut win his first full length race???

I hate shortened races, Kenseth crying after winning a rain shortened Daytona was lame.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
and let me guess, you'd tell nascar to take their trophy and money if you won a rain shortened race, especially the 500? riiiiight, and you'd be cryin your ass off also.

not saying that i believe david won it the fair way, but unfortunately those rules are what they are. at least nascar is consistant with that one rule.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
IMO, I have no problem with the way the race was won. It's within the current rules. I'd like to see what someone had mentioned earlier, if a caution is thrown because of rain, red flag the race and maintain the positions. If they are able to resume the race after that, let them pit and then go green.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I have no problem with the way the race was won.

I don't either although I HATE the way these things work. Frankly, I am STILL floored that all those teams came in to pit that last time. Even if they still raced again there were still TONS of laps to make up for not pitting.

Reutimann's team made the right call, and so did every other team that did NOT pit.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Jimmie asked Chad if he should stay out or pit and Chad chose for him to pit because at the time it looked more sure to everyone they would get racing again sooner or later. And after they all pitted they did go back out on the track before brought back in with the red flag so they all obviously thought the same thing most anyways probably...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I understand that but with the way the weather was on the radar.....if it were me I would have stayed out. Like I said....if nascar DID go back to racing there were plenty of laps to go and there would have been another caution. I would have stayed out.

Of course hindsight being 20/20....:p