Respect for Sandra Bernhard= 0.0

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Maybe she is more of a starfucker than Ralph! I was digging the conversation with Sandra so much and was really hoping the whole Ralph thing would not come up since during her last interview it was nearly ALL that was discussed (compared to the time before when she didn't know of Ralph and she just went off on pop culture). I almost don't believe it! It's sad that now this will be the only reason that she is ever booked on the show and won't be able to discuss ANYTHING else. She's been tainted!

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I like her style and her comedy but she came off very bitchy and resentful of everybody in this interview. I mean, more than usual.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
She was on Derek & Romaine last week. It was good :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Sandra is one of those guests that I roll my eyes whenever Howard mentions that she's coming in. I toy with changing the channel when the interview starts but something sucks me in and I always end up really enjoying her interview.

She doesn't hold anything back and always rips on everyone.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
She may be a little off and have an inflated opinion of herself but she's got an edge as long as Howard doesn't dwell on the lesbian stuff... very direct criticism of the great Joan Rivers... Overall I enjoyed her... even her constant repetition of the 28 or so shows she had developed ....

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
you'd be mad too if you were on roseanne all those episodes, but can't live off the residuals.

But she wasn't on Roseanne very often... I would be surprised if it was more than 15 episodes. Her part was small but even she said that was a good payday for what it was. She should get more work. She's great in anything she's in. Her shows are incredible but it seems like she doesn't do them all that often.

As for ripping on people, it has a little to do with money but more to do with her taste. It's very hard to impress her but when she slams on someone like Lisa Lampanelli, I'm there with her. One of my favorite Stern Sirius moments was when she was looking for the word to describe her and Artie pulled out "hackey" and she was getting up to high five him! And even though I like Kathy Griffin, she is right on about her Bravo specials being the exact same thing. She doesn't really tell jokes but stories about celebs. It's funny but Bravo just gives her a special each season her show premiere. Kind of blah.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Wow, nobody heard her when she was on DNR last week? :shock:

She was so sweet & kind. Talked about her daughter & her girlfriend & her new song :right:

She must have thought she was going to take a lot of crap from Howard :hhh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I think she's funny and could be a really good guest because she has such opinions but Howard always has to direct her to weird places like "north shore animal league."

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I think she's funny and could be a really good guest because she has such opinions but Howard always has to direct her to weird places like "north shore animal league."

Quick tangent...

I read your underlined portion as "North Shore Animal Justice League" for some reason. :help: :wtf:

You don't think she's in too often?