Reputation Points

HarleyJoel

Oct 28, 2008
New Jersey Coast
It doesn't look like I'm able to add to anyone's reputation. I click it, add, press add to reputation and then the reputation stays at the same number. I click it again to see if it didn't work right and a pop-up tells me that I can't add to the same post. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working?

Reactions: TX WJ

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It doesn't look like I'm able to add to anyone's reputation. I click it, add, press add to reputation and then the reputation stays at the same number. I click it again to see if it didn't work right and a pop-up tells me that I can't add to the same post. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working?

Adding rep points rarely makes a visible change to that user to you. You can only see you're own rep.

Reactions: TX WJ

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
You can't see how many rep points another user has. You can see their Rep power which is not rep points. If you give someone rep points, it most likely won't change their rep power.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
If you click here, you can see how DRC members are ranked by Reputation...:)

See, look, SISO is ranked, um, well, not too high...:(

Keep giving SISO those Rep Points. He'll get up there...:D

Just how does BMF get ahead of Aaron?...:scratch:

:)

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Bump.

How do you check who gives you rep points? My user CP only displays one from somebody, but it says I have ten. I know you start off with 10, but then I should have eleven or something, unless someone gave me negative points but I don't see that.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Bump.

How do you check who gives you rep points? My user CP only displays one from somebody, but it says I have ten. I know you start off with 10, but then I should have eleven or something, unless someone gave me negative points but I don't see that.

If the rep point dot is gray, then they were not able to give you rep. It must be green for positive or red for negative. Gray just stays the same.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I want to fire off a warning about the rep points. It has been brought to my attention that some of you have been bombarded with neg reps by a select few posters. This is just not acceptable behavior here at DRC. If you feel you are being unfairly targeted with repeated neg reps by the same individual over and over. Please send me a PM so I can look into this.

I have fired off some PM's this morning warning some individuals about this. It is time to knock this nonsense off.