Repeater in Harrisburg PA

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
I work in Lewisberry, a little south of Harrisburg. On my commute home yesterday on 81 north, traffic was just crawling. I went under an underpass, which when moving slowly I usually lose signal for a couple seconds, but when I looked down I still had a full three bars. I went into the menu of my receiver to check my signal strength and I had full power terrestrially. So its looks like the repeater in Harrisburg is up and running again. Maybe this is old news but I thought I would mention.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
This is great. I work in the capitol complex in Harrisburg. When the repeater used to be operating, I could go in the parking garage and not lose any service. After the repeater went out, as soon as I'd hit the parking garage, I'd lose all reception. Next time I drive to work (I carpool), I will have to let you know if it goes out or not.

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
This is great. I work in the capitol complex in Harrisburg. When the repeater used to be operating, I could go in the parking garage and not lose any service. After the repeater went out, as soon as I'd hit the parking garage, I'd lose all reception. Next time I drive to work (I carpool), I will have to let you know if it goes out or not.

I checked my signal again this morning on my way to work. I still had full terrestrial signal traveling down 81.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I remember you bringing that up a loooooooong time ago. Didn't that repeater go down when they ran into some FCC problems with respect to unlicensed repeaters?

Glad they finally hashed it out in your favor!!!

That's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.... :)

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
Someone else actually started a thread about it on SBS. I couldn't remember who it was. I thought I'd say something about it being back up in case they came over to DRC. I don't really benefit from it besides the underpasses I go under to and from work. But you're right, it is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

dleising

Oct 31, 2008
You guys are lucky! Now if I am lucky they will get the repeater working in the Akron, Ohio area. Ours went down when the FCC stuff was going on and hasn't come back since!

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Wow your right that is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

( I wanted to go longer but yeah haha!)

There is a repeater near my office that's been acting weird as of late. In our parking garage I got full 3 bars. But every other day or so it's not working. Glad to see yours was finally fixed. I remember that long post from the old Siriusbackstage days.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
A few months later, but I finally remembered to post this..........the repeater must be alive and well because now when I enter the parking garage in Harrisburg, the signal doesn't drop out.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008

Tell fat Eddie to pass a budget so I can get paid.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
What bullshit, eh? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It really is....and the only reason this happens every year with Rendell is that he is pushing his political agenda to please his cronies.

Read this yesterday......since 1971 and prior to Rendell taking office, Pennsylvania has had a total of 6 late budgets. Rendell alone has passed that total in his tenure.