Reminiscing equals lack of honesty

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
This only makes sense if you heard both "History of Howard Part 2" and today's show.

I'm listening to the playback of today and Howard is talking about how during his first "Pay Per View" special how he almost got busted by the DEA in the US because he "saw someone smoking a joint" (and then he said he might have taken a puff)

Um, no!

What happened was right after the event, Howard and Gary were talking, very candidly about Gary having to get drugs for someone! Than, after the DEA heard it and had a fit, Howard and Gary said it was a joke (yeah, right!). I'm not talking about being anti-drug.....I just don't understand why Howard needs to keep watering down the past! Both Gary and Dominic ALMOST said what really happened. What happened to honesty? I'm sure I'll get some shit for this and not keeping up with the "evolution" of the show.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Forgetful old fuck...

He read that story from August with the Dentist doing breast exams today. I swear they talked about it already.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
I'll give him a pass on his senile statements; the volume of shows over his career - it's only natural to forget shit. And I've always liked that the show is forward thinking, they don't spend a lot of time re-treading bits, telling war stories, etc.

But yeah, I've always wanted an MTT with contradictory statements by Howard.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Forgetful old fuck...

He read that story from August with the Dentist doing breast exams today. I swear they talked about it already.

Seems like most of the cast is good for senior moments (in some areas, 55 is considered a senior!) so maybe that is but it sort of felt like a white wash since they changed the story so dramatically when they got in trouble and denied any wrong doing. Who knows. Maybe it is time for Howard to hang it up for his sanity.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Seems like most of the cast is good for senior moments (in some areas, 55 is considered a senior!) so maybe that is but it sort of felt like a white wash since they changed the story so dramatically when they got in trouble and denied any wrong doing. Who knows. Maybe it is time for Howard to hang it up for his sanity.

He's not in the Larry King category yet, but he can see that runway and he's more than ready to land.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
It's different when you do it everyday. There's lots of times where Howard doesn't remember what's gone down on the show. I have users ask me things like "Do you remember when you fixed {insert problem} for me..." I usually don't because I'm fixing shit like that all day long and it doesn't stick out for me like it does for them.

Gary and Artie have amazing memories. I often can't remember what day it is today, much less the year some guy made some play, etc...