Remember the SIRIUS "Manifesto"?

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
Jeez I don't remember it going so fast, I could hardly keep up!

Yes, I suppose even companies have aspirations of changing the world. Or just the music business in this case. Then reality slaps you in the face and you forget about it.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
That is so cool you found that.

I love that campaign. I'm sure something like that will come again. Right now I think the management and the company is all about paying off debt and surviving the economic situation. I think all it takes is a few people and a new campaign to get things going like that.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Hmm...

Payola_OFF - What would one call the single artist channels, then?
Sameness_OFF - Oh, you mean like the FM style playlists?
Expression_ON - Like the censorship of the rap/rnb hits channel with no suitable alternative added?

Kinda sad, really, to see what's happened to them over the years.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
That is a blast from the past Rosco, thanks for sharing that! As far as cleaning up, etc, I find it kind of neat that it is tucked away on their website...:)

I remember showing it to my wife, and she said 'Was that a commercial?'

buckeye96

Dec 1, 2008
Maybe someone should show that to Mel and the upper management. I think they have lost their way.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Well for blind people this didn't do much haha. I love the service alone for sports, and have always felt music was a bonus. This being said on the decade channels there is no reason to hear a repeat with in 6 hours. Seriously someone needs to look at this.

Last edited:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
They even had a couple of T-Shirts that used this theme:

"censorship_OFF, free speech_ON"

and

"commercials_OFF, music_ON"

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Now that is a manifesto of a company I would be more than happy to swallow a rate increase too keep alive!

Yet another example of what happens when shareholder profits steer a company away from its original business plan.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
So you think if the FCC would have rejected the merger Sirius would be doing better? I don't know I think there stock price would have fell either way.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
So you think if the FCC would have rejected the merger Sirius would be doing better? I don't know I think there stock price would have fell either way.
how can we ever know?

At least with options you had more choices if the service and pricing didn't work for you.

I would love to be able too choose between shallow mediocre music, single artist stations, with high paid celebrity talk and that of deeper musical choice with less overhead wasted on star power. But i'll have to settle on being a slacker till something better comes along. I rather have slacker and satrad but not with what SirXM is offering now and not with how i fell they're milking their customers for something that was originally included from the get go.

Will i miss SatRad? Maybe. Its not like i can't rejoin if they get the message from unhappy customers and start offering value again in the future.
:cool:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yeah, they're really nice shirts...

Here's one that Mariann is wearing:

77314501lq6.png

My favorite SIRIUS shirt (which I wish they still made) said:

"ALL RADIO IS NOT CREATED EQUAL"