Rehr resigns

jsnider45

May 7, 2009
sad day for broadcasting

David Rehr's abscence is a huge loss for the broadcasting industry. David brought a fresh approach and made the NAB better. - after 20 plus years it was time for a change! Radio Heard Here- a success in my books.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
David Rehr's abscence is a huge loss for the broadcasting industry. David brought a fresh approach and made the NAB better. - after 20 plus years it was time for a change! Radio Heard Here- a success in my books.

NAB TROLL ON THE BOARD ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigahh:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
True I just want to know if the NAB can some how steal Mel then Sirius XM can get someone who knows how to run a fucking company.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
True I just want to know if the NAB can some how steal Mel then Sirius XM can get someone who knows how to run a fucking company.

Didn't someone mention how one of the previous XM guys was responsible for a lot of the high-priced contracts? (Seriously? Oprah?)

Here's how they get the financial situation back on track:

Get rid of the bidding wars between Sirius and XM. This is over with. No more There's no more "Sirius is giving me 10 million for 3 years. What will you give me, XM?"

Automate a lot of the music. I'd honestly start with the overnight shifts. Not only would they be cutting back on the chatty DJs, but they'd be cutting back on people to pay. They need more channels like Lithium.

They do need a wider variety of channels, but there's only so much space on the satellites. Maybe as they send more satellites up, the problem will be alleviated. In a few years from now, wireless internet may be a viable option. Right now it's not.

Renegotiate contracts. This is going to take a long time, because it's probably done best as the various contracts come up for renewal.

Keep Howard. I know this may sound crazy, but even at his current astronomical pay rate, he still is responsible for a lot of subscribers. His contract is fully paid for using subscription fees that he alone is responsible for. I don't think i'm alone in foreseeing a mass-exodus when he leaves, even if he still is a "consulting director" or whatever for his channels.

--Really, I don't think 100 and 101 will go off the air when he leaves, but this discussion is best suited for elsewhere.

Make new radios. This will certainly come with time. It HAS to come with time.