Referee somewhat tackles a college QB

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
See a ref knocks down a college QB during game

I don't know what college teams these are, but I saw this funny video on the net. A ref knocks down a college QB during game.

I don't know how to show a you tube video, so here the link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWdBgUBqw"] Referee somewhat tackles a college QB[/ame]

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I guess it is not a fake...here is the original ESPN broadcast of it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z-kAmbZCc&feature=related]YouTube - Referee takes down South Carolina quarterback Garcia[/ame]

Pretty crazy, I don't know what the ref was thinking!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Now that is freaking crazy! I am like Aaron I never seen that during the game, but I had company over so that isn't surprising. I mean I don't know if he was trying to get out of the way, but it sure looked like he bucked up and hit him. LOL

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
It's not a fake but it sure does look suspicious, doesn't it? The ref side steps and moves forward while laying the guy out.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
The SEC officials group defended the ref saying he was in the right position and put his arms up to defend himself against the "accidental run in with the player.

Watch the replay...the ref clearly extends his forearm into the player in an offensive gesture. If the ref doesn't extend his forarm the player would have made it past without any contact. I'm not sure what he was thinking.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
looks like dude had a flashback to playing days...fight or flight, he picked the former

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
He was a former college linebacker.

He was a three year starter at Kentucky, wonder if the fact that South Carolina had beaten Kentucky the week earlier had anything to do with his flashback to his playing days?

I can't beleive that he wasn't at least suspended.