Reesee's

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I missed the whole Reesee's deal. What's up with that?

Similar to Gary's favorite cartoon character, he said that Reese's PB cups are his favorite candy, but he pronounced it "Ree-Sees" instead of "Ree-Sez". That's all Howard needed to go off on a rant (and for Fred to play a well timed clip of Gary saying "Ree-Sees" right after Robin did a Reese Witherspoon story).

Reactions: Bark

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Similar to Gary's favorite cartoon character, he said that Reese's PB cups are his favorite candy, but he pronounced it "Ree-Sees" instead of "Ree-Sez". That's all Howard needed to go off on a rant (and for Fred to play a well timed clip of Gary saying "Ree-Sees" right after Robin did a Reese Witherspoon story).

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. I kept wondering why he was mispronouncing Reese's. :smug:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

"No, no, no...No. no. no, no. Sour, I want you to go to jail for this!"

To have Gary explain it (and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), Howard got one of those Klondike bars from the staff. He thought it was the pretzel one, but he didn't get pretzel in it. So then when Howard explained it was peanut butter, I guess instead of looking at the wrapper (because his old man eyes don't work he can't see Prince in what most people described as a perfectly but not overly lit concert in a hotel room), Gary had to answer and someone shouted the answer "Ree-Sees" at him and he shouted that to Howard. The rest is history!

Gary's claim is that he said "Ree-Sees" because he thought maybe Klondike was using a similar sounding name and wasn't working with "Ree Sez".

Reactions: Bark

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD

To have Gary explain it (and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), Howard got one of those Klondike bars from the staff. He thought it was the pretzel one, but he didn't get pretzel in it. So then when Howard explained it was peanut butter, I guess instead of looking at the wrapper (because his old man eyes don't work he can't see Prince in what most people described as a perfectly but not overly lit concert in a hotel room), Gary had to answer and someone shouted the answer "Ree-Sees" at him and he shouted that to Howard. The rest is history!

Gary's claim is that he said "Ree-Sees" because he thought maybe Klondike was using a similar sounding name and wasn't working with "Ree Sez".

Was that someone Sal? Why do I have the feeling the stockbroker purposely set him up? :D

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

Another guy who hates the show but can quote it verbatim. :D

You are correct on the details. I tried to water it down to its essence. Forgive me. :eek:

sjb4

Oct 12, 2008
I've heard plenty of people pronouce Reese's just like Gary did, so I don't buy his backpedaling. So they way he said it didn't seem that odd to me, but it did give the crew a decent excuse to bust his balls yet again.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I've heard plenty of people pronouce Reese's just like Gary did, so I don't buy his backpedaling. So they way he said it didn't seem that odd to me, but it did give the crew a decent excuse to bust his balls yet again.

it was classic ball busting. the trigger wasn't anything all that embarrassing but the more he tried to defend himself, the more fun it was to drown him out and continue.

"I've never said ree-sees before boff!"

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Another guy who hates the show but can quote it verbatim. :D

You are correct on the details. I tried to water it down to its essence. Forgive me. :eek:

No, Howard, you blamed Gary!

BTW, I think it was either JD or Scott DePace that said ReeSees....they didn't say it to bust on Gary, though.