Recording Streaming Audio from a WMA source

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hexagram, Jan 10, 2009.

1. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

No, I'm not planning on recording SIRIUS, but I am trying to record some radio programs that I really want to keep.

I need to be able to record on my laptop and in the Windows Media Audio format (I can also use WAV or lossless formats). The audio stream is in the WMA format.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. I also plan on sharing these "radio programs" as soon as I can (and I know there are a few of you out there that would really want this). :)

2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I don't know if Audacity can record in WMA format, but it a great software that can record audio!

hexagram likes this.
  3. hexagram

Not working for me. :(

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll give you some points for it.

4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Sorry to hear that, I never use Windows Media Player, maybe someone here can answer this does Windows Media Player has a recording feature? That has a WMA format, because I know my co-worker once in a while gives me files in WMA format and I have to convert it over to mp3, because I prefer that format.

But Thank you for the point, h3xagram!

5. leth

leth Member

Try Total Recorder .. it's not free ($17.95 for Standard Edition, $35 for Professional Edition), but it works well. There's an evaluation available on their site. It creates a virtual soundcard driver that you can set as your default sound output .. or some applications will even let you choose a soundcard for them to output through (Winamp does.. not sure if WMP will or not)

hexagram likes this.
  6. hexagram

Thanks for the suggestion (points for you too). :)

But I actually found a solution... Replay AV 8. I just have to copy the URL into the program, label it, and it will dump three to four 1-hour programs in 11-12 minutes.

I have a big project ahead of me: 862 one-hour programs of content. I almost have 200 programs downloaded so far with the printable information for all of the programs.

It also captures the content WITHOUT transcoding or converting. What is dumped is the original source. Great program. :)

7. If that doesn't work I use a program called i-Sound and have been using it for 3 years now with no flaws at all. You can set timers for when you want to record. Get it here. PM me for more information.

[​IMG]

8. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

I use Total Recorder which works with Windows 7.