Rebel Rebel...it's that time of year again...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
From MarksFriggin.com

Howard said they have the History of Howard Stern Part 3 coming up later this year. Howard said they have these spectacular specials that the Tapes Team puts together. They've got a whole plan laid out for these specials that they're running for the rest of the time they're there.

Howard said he had a little taste of what Part 3 was going to sound like. He played the trailer that they had created for the special. They had a bunch of clips of Howard and a bunch of guests from the show talking about the show.

After the very long trailer Howard and Robin talked about some of the clips that were played in it. Howard said that's just some of the stuff they'll be covering in Part 3 of the History of Howard Stern. Robin said she didn't even remember being interviewed for that part. Howard said he did some stuff at his home talking about that stuff. They had a few guys over to talk about the old stuff. Gary was there to help because he remembers everything.

Maybe i'm around this forum too much, but when Howard said "spectacular specials", how come the Columbus Day debacle immediately came to mind? "Let's take a day off and play a show from a previous week" doesn't exactly seem like "spectacular special."

"A whole plan..."

Anyone want to guess what that is?
1) Best of the Week.
2) "Mammary Lane" clips that we heard 9 months ago, followed by that week's Best of the Week.

Yeah, whatever. Back to History of Howard Stern: Act III.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
It's kind of weird to think about but...
They've got a whole plan laid out for these specials that they're running for the rest of the time they're there.
That's not much longer unless he signs a new contract which doesn't sound as likely as he once did.

I read that Mel was on CNBC and he expressed his desire to have Howard work more for less money. I can't find the video of this anywhere but he can't be serious about that.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I loved the first History of Howard Stern. I thought it was some of the most compelling and interesting stuff I have ever heard. Great to hear about Howard as a child, his camp experiences that he references so often and of course his college days. It was so good that I cleared time in the evening just to sit in my kitchen and listen to it while getting some work done.

I hardly listened to the second History of Howard stern because it just was't that interesting. It seemed like one long 5 day "best of" show.

I have high hopes for part 3 because it seems that this really covers the parts about him creating an empire of Syndication and all the chaos that followed.

We'll see.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
The second one was bad because they stretched it out way too long. Don't know who's idea that was. Part three is probably gonna be two weeks long also.

I don't see how they'll finish it all in three acts at the pace they were going. I really hope there is no part 4.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The second one was bad because they stretched it out way too long. Don't know who's idea that was. Part three is probably gonna be two weeks long also.

I don't see how they'll finish it all in three acts at the pace they were going. I really hope there is no part 4.

Uh, I think that Part 2 was only a week but they just played it twice.

I could be wrong because as i had said I didn't listen but I thought it just played twice over the 2 week break.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's kind of weird to think about but...
That's not much longer unless he signs a new contract which doesn't sound as likely as he once did.

Yup. The original contract is almost over. He said he's "done" before, so I suppose we'll see what happens when it happens.

I read that Mel was on CNBC and he expressed his desire to have Howard work more for less money. I can't find the video of this anywhere but he can't be serious about that.

As a businessman, Mel probably wants everyone to work for less money.
As a businessman, Mel knows what Howard's departure would mean for the company.

Sirius may not absolutely need Howard to stay, but another contract (even a two year deal) would be good news for the company. If he leaves, it's back to the drawing board.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Uh, I think that Part 2 was only a week but they just played it twice.

I could be wrong because as i had said I didn't listen but I thought it just played twice over the 2 week break.

Yeah, it was two weeks. I just checked Marks Friggin and it ran two weeks. That was the problem to begin with. They should cover only Howard's milestones, not every single thing that ever happened to him.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I loved the first History of Howard Stern. I thought it was some of the most compelling and interesting stuff I have ever heard. Great to hear about Howard as a child, his camp experiences that he references so often and of course his college days. It was so good that I cleared time in the evening just to sit in my kitchen and listen to it while getting some work done.

I hardly listened to the second History of Howard stern because it just was't that interesting. It seemed like one long 5 day "best of" show.

I have high hopes for part 3 because it seems that this really covers the parts about him creating an empire of Syndication and all the chaos that followed.

We'll see.

agreed. even the wifey enjoyed the first one, and she doesn't even listen to the show. It was great radio. The second was just bland and boring compared to the first one. But aren't most sequals like that (sans terminator)?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I really hate the friday best of. its totally retarded given that each show replays for 24 hours straight. why in the hell do we need a best of on fridays?????? and then they replay the best of show.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If Best Of was live with callers, it would be better.

LOL!

...IF it could work, it would be one heck of an idea, but how many hating phone calls would there be?

"Hey, you're on best of the week!"
"If you're in, why can't Hamptons Howie be in? I pay $15.92 a month for this taped shit on a week day? THIS SUCKS! And isn't Howard on vacation the next two weeks anyway? WTF? He can't work a fucking Friday?"

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Will still works on Friday. Just have him screen all calls and only put on EFH or John Boy, like he does now on the normal show.