really disappointed in sirius and somewhat shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
[rant]i called in yesterday to check on what the cost of a lifetime subscription is going for and was told that the promotional cost is $400.

so i asked if i could make quarterly payments of $50 every 3 months.

$200/year and it would be paid off after 2 year.

i was somewhat shocked to find out that they basically shot me down and my only 2 options were to pay in full or i could make 5 back-to-back payments of $80/month.

i tossed everything that i could to get them to budge and they wouldn't budge. i even went as far as calling customer relations and still, nothing.

you would think that the way the economy is and the fact that they are hurting for money, granted they was basically given a $500 million dollar bailout buy liberty media, that they wouldn't want to pass this up. its almost like the basic concert of needs and wants. yes i may want sirius, but i also don't need it.

this is just another example of why this company is in the crapper. i basically am having the same problem with sprint/nextel, but of course that is a different issue, but they are still basically saying, sir, we don't want your $120/year business.

as i told the sirius customer relations lady, i may not be the smartest person in the world, but the last time I checked, $400 dollars sounds a hell of a lot better in my pocket than someone else's.[/rant]

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
You are in the wrong here. The point of having a $400 one time payment is so they can "invest" that money. You want to make monthly payments and have it max out at $400.

Why doesn't everyone get this deal?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The lifetime subscription should not exist. It's really too good of a deal unless you swap units every year. The ONLY reason it does exist is to infuse cash SOON into their finances. It's a temp fix but not a long term solution to finances for them.

I can't even keep up with if they keep the lifetime or not. I do think it's safe to say that the entire purpose of the Lifetime Sub is to fill their bank account in a quick fashion.

That being said, one work around is a payment plan, but one that would cost more than the promo deal on the Lifetime. So instead of being $400, they could charge $500 and do 5 payments of $100 over a 2 year period for example.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
once again refer back to my wants and needs & $400 dollars sounds better in my pocket than someone else's pocket statements.

i'm a business manager and yet there are policies that are set forth, i also know that i can bend the policy to help a customer. that customer will spread positive feedback. I can't recall when positive feedback was ever a bad thing.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
That being said, one work around is a payment plan, but one that would cost more than the promo deal on the Lifetime. So instead of being $400, they could charge $500 and do 5 payments of $100 over a 2 year period for example.

i even told them lets forget about the promo deal and asked them about quarterly payments and they still wouldn't budge

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I think if you looked at their policies you would find a lot of BS. In fact I'm pretty sure if you looked at any big companies policies you would find a ton of BS in general. The company used to operate as more of a small business but unfortunately that's no longer the case.

You can try calling more and more but I think you are just hitting your head against a brick wall and stressing yourself out by doing that.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I can't possibly understand why you're distraught over this.

It is $400 as a one time payment but you want to turn it into a quarterly paymets over TWO YEARS???? That doesn't make sense whatsoever.

I know the economy is tough right now but this really doesn't give us the right as consumers to just expect companies to bend over backwards and change their policies on a whim. In fact, we're lucky it isn't the opposite. If the economy is tough then we're lucky more companies aren't putting the screws to us and raising prices (don't bring up the internet pricing, please) and really screwing with terms and conditions of contracts, etc.

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
If they let you do this and you put it on this forum they'd be swamped with calls.

It's a good idea though. If they truly believed in the longevity of the company they'd reciprocate the good faith and let you pay it off over time.

But like TSS Taylor wrote it's about earning interest and immediate capital.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
but isn't it odd that you can make quarterly payments on a 1-3 year annual plan? one would think they would want that money upfront as well.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
actually if you read what i said you would also find out that you can make 5 payments of $80/month, for 5 straight months.

I read that i just think there is a big difference between 5 months of payments versus 24 months of payments.

I haven't done the lifetime or even the annual payment. I just pay once a month, it is taken out of my account and I can live with that. I change radios too much to do the lifetime and hate the idea of dropping $400 at one time on radio. I know, I know, the lifetime pays for itself but I just dont' want to do it.

I signed up for 1 lifetime radio with XM and the Best of Sirius and it cost me $499.

They didn't even offer me a special payment plan, they just charged the card the full $499.

I have faith that they will survive, although with the number of radios I have had over the years the fact that they only let you swap the radios 3 times does concern me. (I also dont like the fact they charge $75 each time you change a radio)

But its done now.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i don't think its fair that they want to charge you $75 to do a transfer, IF, you are transferring the same model, where as if you feel you have to have the newest receiver all the time then yes, i can see them charging $75 to do a transfer. some people change their equipment as much, if not more than they change their own underware.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
YEah!!!

Like my stupid bank won't let me make monthly payments on my house until I own it without tacking on interest and other BS like that. I can't understand why they just won't give me what I want without me having to pay for it, and just accept an interest-free payment plan of my choice. They are really jerks. Why can't they just accept nothing, let me make interest on the money, and just happily accept what I agree to give them monthly?

I dont mind necessarly mind paying to swap my radios. Although I do think that $75 is a little high.

I am worried about the fact you can change your radio 3 times and then your lifetime subscription is over.

I have had XM since 2001 and over that time I have had LOTS of radios.

Lets see... (and I am not counting the radios in my cars... I normally trade in my cars for new ones every year or two) I had in my office...

Sony PNP (Died)
Skyfi (Died)
Skifi2 (Still have but not active)
XMPCR (Still have but had trouble with the drivers)
MyFI (Still have but battery life sucks)
Inno (Stolen)
Helix (Junk, it worked but I missed my Inno)
Inno which I am using in my office now.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
The $75 swap fee (and 3x max) are the only things keeping my Sportster Replay alive. Otherwise I'd have switched it out a while ago. We'll see what the Mirge looks like...that may sway me to finally burn one of my swaps.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
YEah!!!

Like my stupid bank won't let me make monthly payments on my house until I own it without tacking on interest and other BS like that. I can't understand why they just won't give me what I want without me having to pay for it, and just accept an interest-free payment plan of my choice. They are really jerks. Why can't they just accept nothing, let me make interest on the money, and just happily accept what I agree to give them monthly?

I think RskyBzns had good intent with the thread.

But I think this economy is very confusing and frustrating regardless. When Gas prices were $4.50 a gallon I wondered why I had to deal with traffic. I wonder why the customer service reps at companies everywhere aren't totally kissing my butt hoping for more business. When I have that attitude it pretty much just disappoints me the most :(

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
i don't think its fair that they want to charge you $75 to do a transfer, IF, you are transferring the same model, where as if you feel you have to have the newest receiver all the time then yes, i can see them charging $75 to do a transfer. some people change their equipment as much, if not more than they change their own underware.

Man, do you know anything about commerce? You PAY and then you GET. Not THEY WON'T DO THE DEAL I WANT WHICH IS BASICALLY WHAT EVERYONE ELSE PAYS YET MINE IS ONLY FOR A FEW MONTHS THEN I GET IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE UNTIL MY RADIO BREAKS THEN I WILL BITCH ABOUT PAYING TO ACTIVATE A NEW RADIO I DON'T PLAN ON PAYING FOR.

Yeah, how dare they.

Making K9feces sound legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.