Razor recommendations

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I need some razor recommendations folk :scratch:

My Gillette Sensor Excel razor handle is falling apart. I've exhasted my supply of bulk Sam's Club Box O' Blades. I've had it for years and I'm looking at buying a newer razor :)

gillette sensor excel - Google Image Search

Now I'm not looking for something that uses 12 blades. 3 max.

So what do you use, and what do you recommend? :right:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm using one of these Braun 7505's. Meh, it's alright . . . . I use the Sensor sometimes too, and was using it exclusively for about a year. It worked ok, but it takes so much longer to shave with a blade. I wouldn't mind finding a new electric though.
7505B.gif

Reactions: semipenguin

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I always told myself 3 max, but went with the Quattro (4 blades) a few months ago.......I immediately fell in love. I'm tellin ya, if you can snag a free coupon for the quattro to try it, it's definitely worth it.

And if you care, I know a few people who use the fusion (5 blades) and like it equally as much as I like the quattro.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I need some razor recommendations folk :scratch:

My Gillette Sensor Excel razor handle is falling apart. I've exhasted my supply of bulk Sam's Club Box O' Blades. I've had it for years and I'm looking at buying a newer razor :)

gillette sensor excel - Google Image Search

Now I'm not looking for something that uses 12 blades. 3 max.

So what do you use, and what do you recommend? :right:

Do you have any facial hair? That makes a huge difference in the types of razors that you can use. For example, I have a goatee now. So the best razor for me is one with double blades. Triple and higher blade counts makes it very difficult for maintaining a good-looking goatee.

If you have no facial hair, you can use an electric, if you like them (personally, I don't think they get close enough), or a manual with 3 blades.

I use the Gillette Sensor with 2 blades. That's perfect for me because I have to have a narrow razor head and know exactly where the blades are while carefully shaving/shaping, otherwise I'd mangle my beard.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Straight edge blade for me.

That's too scary.

What if there's an Earthquake or something?! I really can't have that around my face (because I'm beauteous) and certainly not around my neck (because I've seen "Dressed To Kill"). :p

I knew a guy that was using one of those, and his face was SO marked up. Sometimes it was too much (maybe you have to sharpen those?!) it looked liked he shaved on a roller coaster.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Semi, your doing it all wrong...I taught this guy everything he knows about shaving.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUdSjpc9-70"]YouTube - Introducing Dos Equis[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I was always a Gilette man. They roped me in by sending me a free Gilette Sensor when I turned 18. Got one in the mail. I never asked for it, filled out a card or anything but it came, I used it and that was that. Then I went on with their Mach 3 when that came out. I liked it. Keep in mind that I don't have a lot of facial hair and don't have to shave everyday. I usually shave about every other day but even sometimes I can go two days in between shaves.

I got really tired of paying the crazy amount of money for refills and I saw a coupon in the Sunday paper for $5 off a Shick Quatro so I bought it and I must say that it is the best razor I've ever had. The blades last me forever and the shave is super close.

I know you wanted to stick to a 3 blade max but I say live a little and go with 4.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Wow most guys use throw away blades I guess now a days???? Hubby has a good $200. razor.. Couldn't imagine being a guy and having to shave with a throw away... That's gotta hurt.... But what do I know about shaving the face..lol

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
My first one, a Norelco, gave me like 15 good years (replacing the blades many times along the way, of course), so I recently replaced it with a new Norelco.
Kinda like this one...

41oYuiN16qL.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My first one, a Norelco, gave me like 15 good years (replacing the blades many times along the way, of course), so I recently replaced it with a new Norelco.
Kinda like this one...

41oYuiN16qL.jpg

I like the blade shave, but I'm not a morning guy. A faster shave is a better shave in my book.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I like the blade shave, but I'm not a morning guy. A faster shave is a better shave in my book.

Thats me - mornings suck, and the less time I need to goof around the better. Electric is a nice compromise between speed and closeness, and minus the risk of bleeding :D

Norelco ftw!

Attachments

• norelco-7240xl.JPG
    norelco-7240xl.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I use the Personna (cheap @ Wal-Mart) I got tired of the outrageous prices for the refills of the Sensor, etc. I can get a 4 pack of blades at the fraction of the price of the top of the line razors, and to me, they are just as good. Generally, I can go about 2-3 months on one blade.