Rate this Team - Yates Racing

How do you rate Yates Racing?

• One of the best teams in NASCAR

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Up and coming. Look for them next year.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Will end the season as a one car team

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Mediocre at best

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Who?

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Official Yates Racing Website

What are your likes and dislikes of this team? What do you think they should change and what do you think they should not change? Will they go up or will they go down? How will they do this year? Who is your favorite driver from this team?

This from Wikipedia...

Yates Racing is an American stock car racing racing team that currently races in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Formerly known as Robert Yates Racing since its inception, the team is owned by Doug Yates, who has officially owned the team since his father Robert's retirement on December 1st, 2007. The Yates family has owned the team since purchasing it from Harry Ranier and J. T. Lunday in October 1988.[1] They field the @28 Ford for Travis Kvapil, the #38 FreeCreditReport.com Ford for David Gilliland, and the #98 Menards Ford for Paul Menard.

Last edited:

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
Yates Racing "did more with less" than any other team on the roster. They made every race, and they had some pretty good finishes. David Gilliland turned out to be a pretty good road racer at Sonoma, and was actually doing pretty good at The Glen until Mikey's protege, who since been dumped, tried to bulldoze his way through the turn.

28isgreat

Jan 1, 2009
Southern Pines NC
Yates Racing

I am very glad to be a Yates Racing fan. David & Travis did a great job last year with what the team was able to give them. I wish the team had more money for R&D / testing to advance their performance. If sponsorship comes in this year results will follow. Paul will be a good addition to the team.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I am very glad to be a Yates Racing fan. David & Travis did a great job last year with what the team was able to give them. I wish the team had more money for R&D / testing to advance their performance. If sponsorship comes in this year results will follow. Paul will be a good addition to the team.
Welcome, 28!...:D

I am a Ford fan, so I'm a fan of Yates Racing. I do think that it's going to be very hard, if not impossible for them to continue without full time sponsorship for the 28 and 38.

I do think with Bobby Labonte being without a ride, we may see him in one of these cars by the end of the year. That would make me very happy...:D