Rant - Anybody Else Had it with the Beth Plugs?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
The problem is that criticism from a fan is alright, but insults from non-fan trolls aren't, in my opinion. When it's tough to see the difference, the s*** hits the fan.

Reactions: jef

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
So I'm glad that Howard told those tools who do the radio equivalent of calling up Ted Williams to tell him how to hit a baseball to fuck off and cancel. It's what "old" Howard would have done, and isn't "old" Howard what everyone is clamoring for? .

Disagree. There's a difference between a fan complaining about a bit and a fan telling Howard how to run the show. (Howard tried that lawyer's trick when Julia Roberts balked about signing the KROK release. Howard yelled that she was trying to run his show. Not close. She just didn't want to be a part of endless future bits.) In the case of the Bubba complaint, the caller was complaining about a reduction in service. Maybe my memory is fogged, but I don't think the old Howard would have told a fan to stop listening if the fan complained about a particular bit or a reduction in service.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
The problem is that criticism from a fan is alright, but insults from non-fan trolls aren't, in my opinion. When it's tough to see the difference, the s*** hits the fan.

Do you think the fan complaining about the Bubba FM simulcasts was a troll? Do you think the complaining mailman on the WUS (the guy with two radios and a collection of all the Howard products) was a troll? Even Howard conceded those guys were fans who could not stop listening.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Maybe my memory is fogged, but I don't think the old Howard would have told a fan to stop listening if the fan complained about a particular bit or a reduction in service.

He used to "ban" people from listening when they called up with too many annoying complaints. Back then he couldn't tell them to fuck off.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
He used to "ban" people from listening when they called up with too many annoying complaints. Back then he couldn't tell them to fuck off.

Yep - "You do not DESERVE ME!! You are no longer allowed to listen to me!! You will listen to Scott Shannon from now on. See if you like that morning zoo!!!"

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Do you think the fan complaining about the Bubba FM simulcasts was a troll? Do you think the complaining mailman on the WUS (the guy with two radios and a collection of all the Howard products) was a troll? Even Howard conceded those guys were fans who could not stop listening.

1) No.

2) No.

However, I do think a lot of so-called "fans" here are. When there's no spark from them except Howard-bashing, it would seem to indicate that.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I laugh everytime I see the title of this thread prefaced with "Rant". Was that supposed to serve as some sort of "caution, be forewarned!"? Like anyone cares.

Just kidding with you though. That was some rant. I do hope you will keep them coming.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I laugh everytime I see the title of this thread prefaced with "Rant". Was that supposed to serve as some sort of "caution, be forewarned!"? Like anyone cares.

Just kidding with you though. That was some rant. I do hope you will keep them coming.

Like a preface of "Rant" means the thread is any different than any other. You could put "Rant" in front of 90% of the threads, and if not true in the first post, it'll probably be true in a couple pages. ;)

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Like a preface of "Rant" means the thread is any different than any other. You could put "Rant" in front of 90% of the threads, and if not true in the first post, it'll probably be true in a couple pages. ;)

Now this is a rant.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey

It means don't take it too seriously and also, don't open the thread if you don't like complainers.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
1) No.

2) No.

However, I do think a lot of so-called "fans" here are. When there's no spark from them except Howard-bashing, it would seem to indicate that.

Without naming names and accusing anyone of trolldom, in your opinion, how many trolls post regularly??

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Now this is a rant.

Rants never end in a ;).

They end in :bigahh: or :soapbox: or :wah:.

In all honesty, you could put a ;) on 95% of my posts (and I often do), but people still think I'm ranting. Oh well, not my fault. :rolleyes:

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Without naming names and accusing anyone of trolldom, in your opinion, how many trolls post regularly??

4 (well, down to 3 lately). Plus a couple O&A fans who stumble in here out of the empty desert of the Virus forum, and are probably just looking for water.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD

Counting? When the f*** did I fall back into math class!?! :D

You should have asked me math questions 11 years ago. I aced Calculus AP in high school. Now, not only have I forgotten calculus, anything beyond simple algebra is beyond me. For some reason, algebra seems more like puzzles to me instead of math. It's probably why I still retain some skills in that area.

What the f*** was the subject? Man, my mind sure loses footing more often these days. :nana:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I just was just about to start a Beth thread.

Even in it's heyday, the show was never perfect, but lately the flaws are making it really hard to take and this Beth stuff in general is number one! I was going to ask the question does anyone like Beth at all? I mean, "Show In the Hall", booking lame guests, horrible bookings on talk shows (BTW, any chance they are using her ONLY because she is Beth Stern and not because she has any actual talent as a personality...can't be). For the last few years, without a doubt Howard has been screening the calls, but I can't imagine NOBODY ever calls or emails about hating the Bethination of the show. She might make Howard (which ironically makes the show not so happy) but can she really be making the fans happy too?

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
And that affects you how? You could either debate/argue with them or ignore them. It's really not that hard.

I welcome all opinions on Internet forums, including O&A fags who have something to say about Stern and the biggest Stern sycophants who listens to no other radio show.

As long as people aren't hunting each other down and sending death threats I don't care what they say as long as they say it.