Rant - Anybody Else Had it with the Beth Plugs?

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Neigh, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Whoa.. Beth on Tyra Banks (a show formerly trashed by Howard), Beth co-hosting some show (a show that Howard would have trashed), Beth in some Howard TV "original programming" with Sal ("original programming" that will be trashed by outraged fans)... Howard picked out Beth's outfits!!! Eddie from Hunger calling in to tell Howard that he picked a real gem when he picked Beth (wonder what was shown on Howard's board (Eddie from Hunger wants to praise Beth")...

Beth - an expert on relationships!!! She married to someone who needs her constant attention and she's an expert on relationships??....

Rant over

2. Elwood

Elwood Member

I'd like to plug Beth...

3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Just start one generalized "HorseFace" complaint thread and end it. Or perhaps the mods should do everyone a favor and give birth to an all-things Beth sub-forum below the Howard Stern sub-forum.

4. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

LOL, It's a radio revolution and that's what goes on(talking about your model wife on your show)LOL

5. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I could care less. You've never tried to help out a family member or loved one?

Jgatie likes this.
  6. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Hell hath no fury like a listener scorned. ;)

7. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Help a family member? Scorned? I don't get either one. Well.. it is interesting that no one else seems to give a shit. I counted to 10 yesterday when Howard went on about picking out Beth's wardrobe but had to post today when he started in again and then Eddie the Asskisser called in. Sobeit. Let's have more Beth all the time. More callers like Eddie. I'll send ranting emails to myself.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I can understand it being annoying. Especially if you're counting the amount of times Beth is mentioned.
    I was only trying to say that, I can understand it. If I had a radio show I'd be plugging things for my girlfriend to help her out as well.
    I'm also sure I'd catch just as much shit for it. ;)
    Listen to the start of the wrap up show. It's 2 mins of plugs for people.

9. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Dude, you gottta admit that if one is looking for a humorous response to a seemingly obsessive rant over the attention a guy gives to his wife/girlfriend, comparing the ranter to a scorned woman is pretty much a standard go to reply. Shit, just the fact that you count the number of times she was mentioned, and can recall the details of each mention, says to me that your interest in this subject goes a little farther than just concern over the quality of the show. How much time exactly was wasted on these mentions anyway? 30 seconds? God forbid, a whole minute out of 20 hours of show!!?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  10. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

I have noticed the increasing intrusion of Beth into the show. Her "In the Hall" commercial is terrible - she can't act. But what can Howard do? The woman's got to earn a living, and she certainly can't do it without the show. Everything she's ever done till now (save for her Saturday insert modeling career) has been a direct result of her connection to the show.

On a positive note, there has been a noticeable decrease in the number of on-air plugs for HTV.

11. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

You know ... it wasn't the time spent so much as Howard going against everything Howard... 10 years ago he was brutalizing Imus for this kind of shit... And he would never have done this for Alison.. OK she wasn't a model...
    Also, what really got me going was the Eddie call..... I once thought Howard took calls blind except for who the caller was ... But he admitted on the WUS that the "board" shows what the caller is calling about and that it's a downer when he sees something negative.. He must have picked Eddie's asskissing call over who knows what... As for being "scorned"... I don't think Howard knows who I am and I like women.... OK I have heard enough from me. ..

12. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

This is key to understanding the show. It's not a sitcom, they can't write their own lives, and if they did everyone would cry "Fake!!" Like Gary said on the WUS yesterday, him trying to get laid at his parent's house used to be a big topic for the show. He's married with two kids now, so it's no longer is a topic. If the show were scripted, he'd still be living with his parents in order to keep a good plotline going.

Now you have every right to bemoan that the show isn't what it used to be, but might I suggest that demanding it conform to your ideals is a little far fetched at this juncture? Besides, why would you be counting Beth mentions when the show has been off the charts great lately? Stop counting gum wrappers on the floor of the Sistine Chapel, man.

13. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

Is it scripted or isn't it? Because in the past, you've called us all suckers for thinking it was real. So which is it?

14. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Howard is Imus​
    Beth is Deirdra

15. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

i think the beth-o plugs are shit.

16. rickster53

rickster53 Active Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yeah, the Beth-O mentions are kind of annoying, but there's been so much great stuff on the show recently that there's no point in focusing on something as minor as that.

17. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

boy, i am tired of all the beth o asskissing today as well. the callers are way over the top. and while she may be a nice person, she has never come off as someone with some kind of great entertaining personality based on her on air appearances that I have heard.

18. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I can't stand Beth or how Howard and everyone kisses her ass.

19. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I like her and I like when Howard talks about her. We are getting a glimpse of his personal side. I'm glad Howard is happy in his relationship. It's part of what i like about the show, hearing what's going on in Howard's head.

With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 guests, EVERYONE that has come on was to promote something. That's how it works.

How many of the guy's that don't like her also complain that they cut all references to Alison from the MTT's?

20. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

They loved Alison because Howard used to dis his marriage and treated her like shit. Now Howard is happy and secure, so Beth is hated. I remember thinking the same way when I saw Farrah Fawcett and Lee Majors together. I never watched the Six Million Dollar Man again. :Smiley_wink: