Randy Michaels resigns as Tribune CEO/Bubba's TV show is dead

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Bubba has to have some of the worst luck of any radio host ever.

Tribune's top exec poised to resign - chicagotribune.com

Michaels' departure may have become inevitable when the New York Times newspaper ran an unflattering report earlier this month that colored the company as a sexist "frat house" increasingly populated with former Michaels associates from the radio industry.

That perception seemed to be confirmed several days later when Lee Abrams, whom Michaels handpicked as his chief innovation officer, sent all employees an e-mail containing a link to a video of a newscast parody with nudity and profanity that he labeled "Sluts."

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Somehow I knew Bubba's show would likely never air, for one reason or another. He is cursed.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If Bubba could find a way to stick in the "Howard Family" at least HTV would be AN outlet for the show.

But that would require work...which is also required if HowardTV wanted to air things like the "High School Years" on an as-is basis. Hell, if they aired that gay movie from 2005, HTV could probably air the "HSY" as the show is right now.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Somehow I knew Bubba's show would likely never air, for one reason or another. He is cursed.
too bad for him, but its great for us as listeners. imagine if he would have gotten picked up and syndicated. that means no more radio show and he'd simply be doing a maury-type show every day while we're all at work.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
who knows if he has the rights to it, but id love if bubber released the pilot on raw.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
too bad for him, but its great for us as listeners. imagine if he would have gotten picked up and syndicated. that means no more radio show and he'd simply be doing a maury-type show every day while we're all at work.
I seriously doubt he'd stop doing radio show. The TV gig would've been and still is a less secure career choice for him.

And I'm pretty sure he owns the rights to those shows.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I seriously doubt he'd stop doing radio show. The TV gig would've been and still is a less secure career choice for him.

For example, Judge Mathis lives in California, but flies to Chicago for 2-3 days, tapes a shitload of shows, then flies back to California for the rest of the week. Of course, he takes a couple weeks off every year.

While Bubba's show wouldn't quite be the same, i'm sure it could happen. He could easily tape the TV show during radio show vacations.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Has Bubba talked about Hogan lately? Hulk has had a couple of back surgeries and in TNA they've got a major "coup" storyline going. I guess TNA wouldn't have him back, but I really think Bubba would still be such a natural fit at this point in this storyline.

Bubba has good TV presence, I hope he lines up something for TV. Maybe he should angle in Heather somehow.