radio frquency blocking me : (

miki85

Apr 13, 2009
Hi, i recently imported a "Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2008" from the USA.
The radio (original "MOPAR® RES AM/FM Stereo with CD/MP3 Player"sirius car radio) does not allow me to
switch to my Town stations because they are all 97.0 98.2 (double)
and the sirius car radio only let me set 97.1 and 98.3 (odd number)

what can i do to solve it?
p.s
i had that same problem with my older car.
but i was able to fix that by pressing 3 buttens together (i read it in the internet)
and it changed the config.
but i cant find any information about this one.

Last edited:

miki85

Apr 13, 2009
i did

but they wouldent help me because i imported the vehicle my self and without the dealership. any suggestions?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
but they wouldent help me because i imported the vehicle my self and without the dealership. any suggestions?

Call Jeep itself. Or replace your radio with a North American model. It is possible that the radio you own will not work on N. American frequencies.

miki85

Apr 13, 2009
i tried contacting jeep and im still emailing with them no luck.

buying a new one is just waste of money.
and i have a store that know how to config the radio (pushing buttons)
but the seller want 200$ for that... (BullSSHT) just want to get money out of me...
please help me out there must be a way todo that by my self.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
buying a new one is just waste of money.
and i have a store that know how to config the radio (pushing buttons)
but the seller want 200$ for that... (BullSSHT) just want to get money out of me...
please help me out there must be a way todo that by my self.

I don't know. I know that this is probably a Japenese configuration. There may or may not be something you the user can do to change this. I know that Sirius radios will not work with this.

I would post your question on a jeep forum (I am sure there are some around) as this would be knowledge of someone familiar with Jeeps.

I am sorry I could not be more help.

Reactions: semipenguin

miki85

Apr 13, 2009
exactly

i want help to reprogram it.
there must be a combination of buttons that open a hidden menu with the right options.

i looked everywhere and im not sure im even in the right forum.
if anyone have any ideas on how to solve this or any new direction i should
follow to ask somwhere else or a tech email for customers i would really appreciate it. thank you.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
there must be a combination of buttons that open a hidden menu with the right options.

if anyone have any ideas on how to solve this or any new direction i should
follow to ask somwhere else or a tech email for customers i would really appreciate it. thank you.

Given that this is not a Sirius issue, I think you probably won't be successfull on this forum unless you have come across someone who has done the same thing you are doing with a Jeep. A Jeep drivers forum may give you a better chance of success particularly if it is an international one.

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008

Yes, this forum deals specifically with Sirius and XM Satellite radio and various online radio sources. It primarily has North American users who don't know much about different FM frequency standards.... You might want to find and subscribe to a forum dealing specifically with Jeep Cherokees. People there will be more familiar with the vehicle and the hardware... You might have better luck there..

(edit) I did a quick google search and found this: -> Jeep Cherokee Forum

Last edited:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Most digital radios have either a menu setting or hard switch to change from N. American (0.2 MHz odd FM/10kHz AM) frequency steps to Euro standards (0.1 MHz FM/9kHz steps).

Japanese is a different animal since their FM spectrum lives lower in the 76-90 MHz range.

As everyone else has said, check in with a Jeep owners forum. They may have some ideas for you. Or, since you went through the trouble of importing the vehicle, pay the $200 to get a radio that works!! Or, even better, install something that is probably 10 times better than the Mopar crap that came OEM standard.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
A fascinating question. Don't know if it applies to your model of radio, but I did find this:

I have used the following frequency reception reset procedure on various Chrysler electronically tuned (flat faced) radios used on vehicles from the 1980s through 2000. I guess I was lucky and this worked on the older radios. This procedure comes from instructions found in a 1991 Dakota service manual.

Turn radio on.
Tune to FM mode.
Press SET button.
Press SEL button.
Press station memory set button one 5 times.

Radio will reset to lowest AM frequency which is 531 khz. Tune to FM mode and lowest
Frequency displayed will be 87.5 mhz. This is European reception mode.

They were trying to do the opposite of what you are trying. Hopefully this method toggles it off and on...

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hi, i recently imported a "Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2008" from the USA.
The radio (original "MOPAR® RES AM/FM Stereo with CD/MP3 Player"sirius car radio) does not allow me to
switch to my Town stations because they are all 97.0 98.2 (double)
and the sirius car radio only let me set 97.1 and 98.3 (odd number)

what can i do to solve it?
p.s
i had that same problem with my older car.
but i was able to fix that by pressing 3 buttens together (i read it in the internet)
and it changed the config.
but i cant find any information about this one.

Maybe this will help?
Radio Codes & Radio Release Keys Instantly Supplied Online - All Car Radio Codes Sameday
It's not free but it's way cheaper than $200.