Quit Smoking

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I have never clicked this thread because I was smoking again after 1.5 years quit. After 2 years back smoking I took the excuse of SC raising the pack tax from lowest in the nation .07 to .50 to quit again, Today in day 4.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Good for you Tom, and good luck to you. it is not easy by any means but we do our best. This is a great thread to come to when you are in need of support.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I have never clicked this thread because I was smoking again after 1.5 years quit. After 2 years back smoking I took the excuse of SC raising the pack tax from lowest in the nation .07 to .50 to quit again, Today in day 4.

Give it a solid Steven Segal roundhouse kick in the butt Tom!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital

Tough it out with me Tom! I quit for a a year between 22-23 and started again. I quit again 2 weeks ago after 13 years of regular smoking. As of 1 pm today it will be 2 weeks for me. I feel better, but must admit I'm still craving a lot. I'm trying as hard as I can! No more smokes!:headbang:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i go through about 5-10 times a year where i say im gonna call it quits. but i never seem to have the will power to get past about 2 days.

for all the times i kick myself for how stupid i am for smoking, there are other times when i still do enjoy it. like at bars (you can still smoke in most down here) or concerts. or after a few beers or a bowl.

ill man up and get the quitting done some day, but for now im coasting along.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You don't watch Ghost Hunters. "Do you smell cigarette smoke?"

i hate those show that try to make ghosts a real thing. im cool with movies or what not, with ghosts but it pisses me off that they want us to think fiction is real.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Wow, I've made it a whole year! Not even one slip up!:headbang: I think the rest of the summer is still gonna be pretty challenging, as well as the next year. From what I've read if you can make it 2 years you have a really good chance of quitting for good. It's gotten easier but I still have some days. Stress is the biggest trigger.(obviously) So on target for another smoke free year!!!!:ter:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Wow, I've made it a whole year! Not even one slip up!:headbang: I think the rest of the summer is still gonna be pretty challenging, as well as the next year. From what I've read if you can make it 2 years you have a really good chance of quitting for good. It's gotten easier but I still have some days. Stress is the biggest trigger.(obviously) So on target for another smoke free year!!!!:ter:

Outstanding.

I haven't had any nicotine since January. I feel no desire for it, and no danger of getting hooked again.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Sorry guys, I'm in the opposite boat.

I never smoked in my life outside of trying cigarettes when I was a kid.

But recently got into cigars...I'm still debating if I like 'em. Sometimes I really do, sometimes not so much. Meh.

good luck anyway