Quick questions

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
http://www.siriusxm.com/oniphone/indexd.xmc

Is this available with a regular Sirius subscription, or do I need an XM subscription? And it's $2.99 a month after the trial, right?

I'm aware that this is the "crappy" app, but I don't have a SkyDock, so it appears this is the only option, correct?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Either service will work, but it's just the Internet radio subscription. So if you can listen online, you can listen on the iPhone and vice versa.

And I wouldn't say it's crappy at all, but that's just me.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Either service will work, but it's just the Internet radio subscription. So if you can listen online, you can listen on the iPhone and vice versa.

And I wouldn't say it's crappy at all, but that's just me.

Without SkyDock it certainly seems a lot more slimmed down. Crappy in comparison, maybe.

It sounds like I need a standard subscription PLUS app, right?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
A standard Internet Radio subscription (which doesn't have everything, aka Howard Stern doesn't have enough money) is what's needed.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
A standard Internet Radio subscription (which doesn't have everything, aka Howard Stern doesn't have enough money) is what's needed.

The people who would be using the app would just be interested in the music. They got the iPod touches as gifts, and i'd like to "spread the siriusxm love" so to speak. So $2.99 a month it is, after a 30 day preview. Not a bad deal.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The people who would be using the app would just be interested in the music. They got the iPod touches as gifts, and i'd like to "spread the siriusxm love" so to speak. So $2.99 a month it is, after a 30 day preview. Not a bad deal.

Just to clarify the $2.99 per month is if you already have a Sirius regular sat radio sub. If you do not and only want the Premium Internet then Sirius makes you pay $12.95 per month just like a regular sub pays. Crazy I know!

Not sure if the folks that have the iPod Touch already have a Sirius or XM sub already.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Just to clarify the $2.99 per month is if you already have a Sirius regular sat radio sub. If you do not and only want the Premium Internet then Sirius makes you pay $12.95 per month just like a regular sub pays. Crazy I know!

Not sure if the folks that have the iPod Touch already have a Sirius or XM sub already.

Ah, exactly what I was trying to get at. It would essentially be "Sirius (or XM) Everything" plus the $2.99 deal.

Too bad you can't get the "Mostly Music" or one of the ala carte deals, but we all know Sirius XM did that just to kiss the ass of the government regulators.

I do have a second subscription on the $8.99 deal, so maybe one of the iPods could be my second internet deal... hmmm.. (I'm assuming they make you pay $2.99 per app and you can't trade it off...then again, they'd probably have to coordinate things so that one person wasn't listening while the other person wanted to listen.)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Too bad you can't get the "Mostly Music" or one of the ala carte deals, but we all know Sirius XM did that just to kiss the ass of the government regulators.

I do have a second subscription on the $8.99 deal, so maybe one of the iPods could be my second internet deal... hmmm.. (I'm assuming they make you pay $2.99 per app and you can't trade it off...then again, they'd probably have to coordinate things so that one person wasn't listening while the other person wanted to listen.)

XM use to offer its XMRO service for $7.99 per month, which made a lot more sense than $12.95, though Sirius did away with it when they merged.

You can't be logged in with the same user ID and password on multiple iPod Touch's or even using the web based application(s). If you have more than one sat radio sub you can add the $2.99 to each which would give you multiple logins for Sirius or XM streaming service.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
XM use to offer its XMRO service for $7.99 per month, which made a lot more sense than $12.95, though Sirius did away with it when they merged.

You can't be logged in with the same user ID and password on multiple iPod Touch's or even using the web based application(s). If you have more than one sat radio sub you can add the $2.99 to each which would give you multiple logins for Sirius or XM streaming service.

Yup, that's what I may consider.

I think the thought of Sirius was/is "$12.99 for internet streaming. You won't get all the channels, but you could get all the channels for no additional monthly fee if you buy a radio."

I have two radios. One already has my $2.99 internet deal. I may consider adding one of the other iPods to the $2.99 deal.

I know it's possible to "share" a $2.99 deal between two people and two computers, but they kick the one guy off if the second guy logs on. It seems this isn't possible with the iPod app (two apps, two people, one account.)