Question

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
I've been a dual-subscriber since June 2006....I at first had a 2-year plan which was to renew this past June. I called just before it was to renew and changed to a 1-year plan. I'd like to cancel my Sirius sub and add Best of Sirius to my XM. However, the terms of service says "You will be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel a one-year or longer Subscription during the first year of service."

So, the question I have is, is would I be charged that cancellation fee since I'm in the first year of my 1-year plan, even though I've been with Sirius for 2 1/2 years?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Call customer service and ask. Different people have had different experiences. Explain to them what you are trying to do, and maybe they will work with you.

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
Call customer service and ask. Different people have had different experiences. Explain to them what you are trying to do, and maybe they will work with you.

Thanks for the help! That's exactly what I did. I called and I won't be getting charged the cancellation fee due to my longevity as a subscriber, and will be getting a refund on my remaining months.