Question (s) regarding last night/today's Saturday Night Safety Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
Hi, I'm new to the forums here and I would be forever grateful if someone could help me out in regards to some questions I have about the Saturday Night Safety dance.

1. Is there any place online where I can find official or, at the very least, speculation on what is being played throughout the night on any given Saturday night/Sunday morning. It drives me nuts that the names of the songs/artists don't flash across the screen. I've been perpetually PO'd trying to find songs in the past.

2. There is a specific song I am trying desperately to pinpoint a name and artist to. I remember that it was played sometime between 3:30-3:50 this morning (EST). The best I can do to describe it (and it's not much) is that it was a guy singing, it had a very fast and jittery drum machine to it, and it had the repeated vocal "wave" or "white wave" or something with "wave" included in the phrase. ANY HELP WHATSOEVER would be most appreciated.

Thanks, and my apologies if there is a more specific threat on here with stuff pertaining to the Saturday Night Dance Party.

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
It seems to be helpful overall, but not particularly for songs that were played during the Saturday Night Safety Dance. I also forgot to factor in the time differences. I'm on the East Coast and the song I'm trying to find the name of was playing around 3:40ish AM.

Is there any other place online where I can find minute setlists for the Saturday Night Safety Dance, or is there a way to better utilize the Dogstarradio website? Any additional help would be appreciated (maybe someone knows the song with the word "wave" in the title and the very upbeat drum machine in the background? Was anyone else up this early with a better memory/music knowledge than me?

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
I just emailed Richard Blade. I hope he's good at getting back to people...

...but wait...isn't there another DJ I have a means of reaching that actually does the Saturday Night Safety Dance? Either way, I'm sure Blade could answer just as well. They have all the information there.

In the meantime, could someone please try and help me find out if there's a better way of finding online info about the setlists from Saturday Night Safety Dances? Or does anyone know anything based on my vague description of the song? I remember that it came on right after a remix of the B-52's "Love Shack." Please, someone, help me out! Thanks!

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Here is the thing, Sirius in itself is VERY protective of their playlists, (they should be) as far as a actual song-by-song list from Sirius, you will not get it. I did forget that the PDT is different for those speciality shows. Perhaps you may find someone who actually listened to it, other than that, your chances are slim to none.

Good Luck!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Here is the thing, Sirius in itself is VERY protective of their playlists, (they should be) as far as a actual song-by-song list from Sirius, you will not get it. I did forget that the PDT is different for those speciality shows. Perhaps you may find someone who actually listened to it, other than that, your chances are slim to none.

Good Luck!

Of course he's not going to get them to give him a dump of their playlist. However, an email to the effect of "what did you play on this date at this time" should get him a response. The DJs have access to the logs. They can see what played.

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
Haven't heard anything yet, but I'm still holding out hope...

I figured they would be a little hard to get ahold of (but not "protective") in regards to their playlist. It frustrates me that there isn't a specific person to contact since there technically isn't a contactable DJ during the broadcast. I'm honestly a little shocked I couldn't find a blog--or ANYTHING--that at least featured speculation or information about the SNDP. It seems there would be a fair amount of questions considering there is no information given during the broadcast (and this frustrates me to no end).

Anyways, a quick recap:

-The song played during the 5/30-5/31 broadcast of Saturday Night Dance Party.
-It came on around 3:40 AM EST, right after a remix of the B-52's "Loveshack."
-It had a male vocalist, a killer drum machine, and the repetition of a phrase including the word "wave" with echo-y vocals. Whether it was a remix or the original song, I have no clue. I know a great deal about music that is played on this channel, or at least I thought I did, and this song honestly didn't ring a bell at all.
-I'm hoping someone else was either listening, can go off of my vague description, pass the word to someone who would know, or point me in the direction of a blog, forum, or something that offers more information or speculation. I'd welcome even idle speculation at this point. If nothing else, I hope someone will eventually admire my persistence.

Again, anyone's help is greatly appreciated! Hope to hear something soon!

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I think the mixes used in the Safety Dance are made by an outside source, like a company that specializes in mix shows for radio stations. Some of the mixes they use have the same jingle at the end.

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
Really? Hmm...I don't know what to do?

Still haven't heard back from anybody at Sirius? Is there not one person out there who listens to the SNDP frequently enough to help me out or point me in the right direction? I'm getting desperate here.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Really? Hmm...I don't know what to do?

Still haven't heard back from anybody at Sirius? Is there not one person out there who listens to the SNDP frequently enough to help me out or point me in the right direction? I'm getting desperate here.
if you could only humm us a few bars.:p

any other lines or descriptions that might help? keyboards? guitars? accents of singer(s)? all male or female backups?

keep listening, this is sirus, its bound to repeat sooner than later.(yes even snsd blocks get repeated)

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Are you sure it was the word "wave"? The Nails have a song called White Wall that maybe comes close. Marc Cambpell tended to have an echo-y effect on a lot of vocals. This song repeats the phrase "White Wall" quite a bit. Amazon mp3 and iTunes have the song - check it out to see if it fits the bill.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/White-Wall/dp/B00110H1XC/ref=sr_f2_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1244870499&sr=102-2]Amazon.com: White Wall: MP3 Downloads: The Nails[/ame]

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
jef, I was so hoping you were right. That Nails song is unfortunately not the one I heard that morning.

It frustrates me that I have such specific information about the broadcast date and time of the song being played and yet I can't get an answer from anyone at 1st Wave. Could someone else ask them? Or does someone know a better way to make this inquiry get to where it would need to go in a more timely manner? I haven't given up yet!

For anyone who would like to help and/or need to get caught up with the specifics, please refer to my earlier posts. Thanks for all the help thus far!

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
Oh, and in terms of additional specs, they're getting foggy. Again, it was a male vocalist (no male or female backup vocals) and I stand by what I remember in that he seemed to be repeating the word "wave" in some kind of muddled phrase. There was just this incredible drum machine and manic keyboards fluctuating all over the place. I honestly had never heard it on 1st Wave neither during a regular broadcast nor a SNDP before (or anywhere else for that matter), and what complicates things is that I don't know if it's a remix or not. I would assume it is, since it's on 1st Wave's SNDP, even though the remixes rarely stray far away from the original.

I hope that helps, or at least leads someone in the right direction. Thanks again!

fantomas8

May 31, 2009
Bumping this up, hoping against hope that someone knows something or knows someone who knows something. That make sense? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.