Question for those who record the show

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
I have been recording the show using Super MP3 Recorder Pro and it's always done an amazing job but every now and then I get weird clicks in the audio. I was just wondering if anyone can suggest another program that would record straight to an mp3.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I have been recording the show using Super MP3 Recorder Pro and it's always done an amazing job but every now and then I get weird clicks in the audio. I was just wondering if anyone can suggest another program that would record straight to an mp3.

Replay A/V. Logs into your account and records directly from the stream. Then it converts to any format you wish and will even load it into iTunes for you. One of the best programs I've ver bought.

www.replayav.com

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Replay A/V. Logs into your account and records directly from the stream. Then it converts to any format you wish and will even load it into iTunes for you. One of the best programs I've ver bought.

www.replayav.com

now this sounds outstanding...they'll be locking us down in the office soon so I may need to jump on this...is it the $49.95 package?

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California

Do you leave it running for long periods of time? I used this program a couple years back and got clicks in the recordings after letting it run for a couple days. I solved the problem by closing and restarting it each morning. Not sure if this is what you are getting though.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
can this all be automated and scheduled?

Yes. I agree with Jgatie, Replay AV is excellent. It can record to MP3, Realaudio, Windows Media Player, whatever you want. Just set it once and you're done. It can even chop the show up into indiuvidual segments by time. And it can record videos off YouTube, plus any radio show that streams (Adam Carolla, Michael Savage, whatever).

My only one minor complaint is the annoying pop-up converter that converts the audio when it finishes recording the show or segment. It can be easily minimized though.

Last edited:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Yes. I agree with Jgatie, Replay AV is excellent. It can record to MP3, Realaudio, Windows Media Player, whatever you want. Just set it once and you're done. It can even chop the show up into indiuvidual segments by time. And it can record videos off YouTube, plus any radio show that streams (Adam Carolla, Michael Savage, whatever).

My only one minor complaint is the annoying pop-up converter that converts the audio when it finishes recording the show or segment. It can be easily minimized though.

Hmmm... I have a pretty slick hands-off automated recording system at home to record Howard, Bubba, and a bunch of other shows, music and comedy, but this looks like a reasonable option the next time my damn radio breaks.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I'm assuming you get better quality from the online feed?

The quality of recording increases when you use the following methods:

a) Recording from sound mixer output (worst)
b) Recording from audio driver input (good)
c) Recording directly from stream and converting (best)

Replay A/V allows you to do all three, depending on what you need to record.

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
Whats the bitrate for the premuim Stern stream? I get 32K for the standard and 48 for the premium, while I get 128k for Octane. Is that accurate?