question about the Xmp3

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Does the Xmp3 click at all while going threw menues and channels? I am looking to buy it, but if it doesn't do this it is important to me because I am blind and would have no way to know the enue lay out. Thanks for any help.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Does the Xmp3 click at all while going threw menues and channels? I am looking to buy it, but if it doesn't do this it is important to me because I am blind and would have no way to know the enue lay out. Thanks for any help.

I cannot answer your question but does any other XM device do this? If not, it would be a good idea for SIRIUSXM to create one if the XMP3 does not have this function either.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It doesn't click. If you are blind the Stiletto 2 is a far better device. There are certainly a lot of blind people out there with satellite radio. The Stiletto interface is just smoother and easier to navigate when blind. The Stiletto 2 will essentially make a clicking noise when navigating around.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Thank you guys. I have the SL2 already, and love it. I think overall XM has better home reception, so I was hoping this radio hadd clicking ability plus I like the teevo like recordings it does.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Thank you guys. I have the SL2 already, and love it. I think overall XM has better home reception, so I was hoping this radio hadd clicking ability plus I like the teevo like recordings it does.

Plus the vocal announcement of the channel names when scrolling through the channels is probably priceless for you on a stiletto. And the clicking, plus the beeping when you hit the top or bottom of a menu screen must be very helpful. It never occured to me how these simple things can be so useful.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Real quick if someone could help does the menues rap around, or when you get to the last option does it stop? If it stops I still could maybe learn the menues. I have an apartment now, but Sirius doesn't work on any window, because I think there is a building blocking its signal. Xm seems to work if I place it outside on the window, so I would like to have a recording device, so I thought I would ask this question. Thanks!

Nov 13, 2008
I have had the XMp3 since Oct. 2008 and can tell you with total confidence that you should not get this unit with its current firmware. I have perfect 20/20 vision and even I have trouble with the scroll wheel advancing too far pass the selection I am trying to go to.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I have had the XMp3 since Oct. 2008 and can tell you with total confidence that you should not get this unit with its current firmware. I have perfect 20/20 vision and even I have trouble with the scroll wheel advancing too far pass the selection I am trying to go to.

Same here. I can never get the damn thing to stop where I want it to with the interface lag. I couldn't even imagine using this radio if I couldn't see.