Question about SL2 and Car Kit

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
I noticed I am having a problem with either my SL2 radio or my car kit for the SL2 which involves my presets button on the car kit. When I select a new channel to replace one of my current presets, I push the button and the checkmark comes up saying it's saved. if I go to a different preset button and return to the one I just created it keeps the old preset channel instead of the new one. I'm hoping it's just the car kit and can replace it with another one as rare as they are instead of needing a new radio. I was curious if anyone else ever observed this problem with their SL2 or car kit. I'm lucky that I still enjoy using my SL2 in my car but I do remove it now from advice here when it's so hot lately. Thanks for any advice as always!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's been a while since I've used my SL2.
I don't remember having that issue with it though.
Have you done the old reset/clear the cache routine with it?
It's been so long I don't remember how you do that any more.

Reactions: DJL

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
HecticArt.

Thanks so much for your fast response. I will definitely consider that and see if that works.
Thanks again.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Do a search and see if you can find a thread that talks about it.
With the SL2, there is always a chance that it doesn't recover and you could be left with a brick.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I remember something similar happening. It is one of the little corruptions that happen. Only a device recovery helped. I don't think that is an option anymore (you might be able to have someone at TSS Radio help you).

Reactions: DJL

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I remember something similar happening. It is one of the little corruptions that happen. Only a device recovery helped. I don't think that is an option anymore (you might be able to have someone at TSS Radio help you).

This thread seems to indicate that when Zoom died, that basically everything with the SL line of radios stopped working.

I would leave work at noon, get home about 12:15, fire up the computer and listen to Howard on the Stream_On app. When he took that first break, I seamlessly turned that volume down, turned up a specific song on iTunes and just as it was ending, I would go back to Stream_On. I always managed to turn back just as he was coming back from break.

Life was perfect. :)

But yeah, this thread, specifically one of the last posts which mentions Zoom.

Nowadays, I use the SiriusXM app for that and if I want to listen to a specific song, I have Amazon.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The SL radios still work, but with Zoom gone, people just can’t recover them on their own if the radio needs to be recovered. The last I heard, TSS still has the computer with XP on it, so they should be able to run the software to try to get things working again.