Qualified as "EXPERT" on the M4 carbine. Taking the M16A2 and 9 MM tests next week.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I kicked ass with the M4 carbine. I scored expert marksman for prone/supported, prone/unsupported and kneeling (at up to 300 yards). We get issued our M16A2's and 9MM pistols on Monday morning and get to do qualifying on those up at Camp Bullis next week. I'll try to smuggle a camera into the range and send some pics back.

All I can say so far... is that the Army kicks ass. Getting up at 4:30 AM to run everyday occasionally sucks, but everything else is fun as hell. How many companies are gonna pay you to run around with a gun and shoot shit? If they toss in a little fishing and a few hookers, I'm good to go! I even get my beer tax free now!

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
It's from all those hours of observing retarded Mexican midgets practicing their "kneeling"...

Sounds like fun. I haven't shot a gun in years, I might have to look up some ranges around here.

bsummers12

Oct 13, 2008
Portsmouth, Ohio
Are you going to shoot and qualify with the Mark 19 and SAW? Man those are some kick ass weapons. Being an Officer you will probably just get familiarization on them.

By the way BMF I should be getting pinned my 1SG diamond this April. Next step if I stay long enough is CSM. Hell I hit 30 years this April and it's up to the Mother Army if she wants to keep me anymore.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
How many companies are gonna pay you to run around with a gun and shoot shit? If they toss in a little fishing and a few hookers, I'm good to go! I even get my beer tax free now!

Pretty much all the oilfield companies and we get to fish with hookers, but we have to pay our taxes (you earn the right not to BMF, I am still proud f you).

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Right on brother. Sounds like you're getting by pretty well!

Big guns are much fun. My pals dad is the chief of police in a little town in southern Ohio. We used to go visit + shoot @ their range (a ravine in the middle of nowhere). We'd take our guns + borrow some of theirs too. One weekend he brought out the stations sub-machine gun, an HK MP5, and gave us a few clips. NOT as easy as they make it look on tv, but its DAMN FUN. I'd love to play w/ one again. My Glock just isn't the same.

Send pix if you can get em!

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Are you going to shoot and qualify with the Mark 19 and SAW? Man those are some kick ass weapons. Being an Officer you will probably just get familiarization on them.

By the way BMF I should be getting pinned my 1SG diamond this April. Next step if I stay long enough is CSM. Hell I hit 30 years this April and it's up to the Mother Army if she wants to keep me anymore.

1SG??? Wow, congrats!!!! That's a hell of a rank. You can always tell when 1SG is passing by because all officers sing out "evening first sergeant" in unison. One of the most respected guys in company.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
All this talk about the service, fishing, hookers and beers makes me wonder if you are the younger version of Sirius Rich.

Everything except for our political leanings. We have one guy in our platoon that we call "Rush Limbaugh" because he's 1 of 2 "republicans" out of all of us.

On a side note, the Obama inauguration was amazing. I stood with a WHOLE LOT of uniforms around a 16 inch television watching it. Plenty of cheers went up during it.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Everything except for our political leanings. We have one guy in our platoon that we call "Rush Limbaugh" because he's 1 of 2 "republicans" out of all of us.

On a side note, the Obama inauguration was amazing. I stood with a WHOLE LOT of uniforms around a 16 inch television watching it. Plenty of cheers went up during it.

Well, you know. You have to be considerate of those people now. Thanks for remembering to put that in quotation marks.. the second one.

:rolleyes: