Putting it into perspective

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Say what you want about how NaSCAR is run & all we bitch about, but when it all comes down to it, do we really have it that bad?

Someone called the Front Stretch this morning & talked about the segment about the Victory Junction Gang Camp on ABC. Here's the video...

Victory Junction: Adam Petty's Dream - ESPN Video - ESPN

When all is said and done, we really don't have anything to bitch about. What they do at VJGC is more that I could ever do. God bless them for turning a tragedy of Adam Petty's death into something that has brought so much joy to others.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Say what you want about how NaSCAR is run & all we bitch about, but when it all comes down to it, do we really have it that bad?

Someone called the Front Stretch this morning & talked about the segment about the Victory Junction Gang Camp on ABC. Here's the video...

Victory Junction: Adam Petty's Dream - ESPN Video - ESPN

When all is said and done, we really don't have anything to bitch about. What they do at VJGC is more that I could ever do. God bless them for turning a tragedy of Adam Petty's death into something that has brought so much joy to others.

When they showed it during prerace last week, I admit I was in tears. A very moving segment. One family's heartbreak, has given laughter, smiles and hope to thousands and thousands of children. And kudos to all of the drivers that have donated their time and money to help keep this going strong for Adam and the Petty family.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
That's a special thing that they have going on there at that camp. I saw that piece last week as well. I hope that place is able to continue that service for many years to come.