PSP Go!

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
It's a nice looking unit, but remember you won't be able to play games using the UMD disk as this unit is only for downloading games through PSN. Now if they have a way on this machine to let you copy your games from UMD to the Go (via their Media Go software), then it may be worth checking out.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
This thing could make a lot of unplayable PSP games (thanks to their outlandish load times) very playable if they figure out a way to get the UMD games converted to a flash card.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I've actually read on several sites their will be kiosks around that will convert all your UMD's to either the flash drive on the PSP or memory sticks.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
It appears that they will offer a type of goodwill program to let people who have the UMD game download the game on their PSP Go.

From Gamespot.com

Speaking of the PSP Go, another Sony executive offered some welcome news to early adopters who stocked up on PSP games on the handheld's optical disc format, the UMD. Gizmodo reports that Sony Computer Entertainment America hardware marketing director John Koller, star of the leaked video which preemptively revealed the PSP Go, said that the publisher is readying a program to let UMD owners download titles they already own to the UMD drive-free PSP Go.

"We're in the midst of putting together a goodwill program," Koller told the blog. "We'll be unveiling that soon [since] we actually think there's a significant group that will be upgrading...In the past, we've seen a 20-25 percent trade-up factor, and I assume that's going to be the case here. We've modeled that. So we're looking at a goodwill program--a short-term goodwill program that would continue for years afterward."