PS3 owners!! PlayStation Home Open Beta coming 12/11

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
home-logo.jpg

Read about it here:

PlayStation.Blog PlayStation Home Open Beta Launches Tomorrow

I got invited to the closed beta right before Thanksgiving and it's pretty nice. There have been some annoying things like kids who have a headset blaring their music and the pervs who flock to the girl avatars trying to hit on them, but other than that it's a good addition to the PS universe. The mini-games like bowling and billiards are fun...when you can actually get on them.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hey thanks for the info Evil, I been hearing about PlayStation Home for over a year and then they decided to push it back for a while. Looks like it a Sims Online thing?

Tristan

Oct 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
pipo.lol
I have been in the Playstation Home Beta for a while now and I must say the whole experience is a good reminder as to why marketing people should not design games. It's like walking around in a virtual world that serves as a giant advert for Sony and things Sony thinks you would like.

Today's Penny Arcade sums it up pretty well.

Penny Arcade! - A Penetrating Look

I wouldn't pay more then the $0 they are offering it to you. It's like Second Life meets Sims Online that tries to sell you on how great Sony's console is. I can't say I dig it.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I agree with you Tristan, I been trying it out for a couple of hours and after a while it pretty boring! A dollar to buy furniture, 50 cents to buy some clothes :rolleyes: I won't be buying any of that crap! The only thing I enjoy is the bowling alley.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Today's Penny Arcade sums it up pretty well.

Penny Arcade! - A Penetrating Look

:rofl2: Yeah I've seen some of that in Home, as well as some hilarious things. The first night I was in the closed beta, there was a group of people in front of the mall (there was nothing available in the stores) with their fists in the air with the occasional "TORCH THE MALL!" bubbles popping up. :jj:

BTW, it's not a "game" like you called it, but rather a social network..more or less like a chatroom or forum but with moving characters.

palancar

Dec 20, 2008
SE of Disorder
I really don't like Home. There are some aspects that will be beneficial to some people. The SOCOM room will be great for clans since there will be maps to view and plan strategies. However I don't understand the point of going to the SOCOM room to meet other people to play, when it's just as random going on to SOCOM to play. The whole furniture and clothing thing is pointless to me. I do like that you can have people in your room to view your pictures and what not, would be good for families that are spread out. The people searching for women on there is just pathetic.