Primetime midweek race?

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
This morning Pete mentioned that he felt the Bristol fall race should occur on a Wed. at 7 PM. I must say i totally agree with him. A mid week prime time race under the lights once or twice a year would be awsome. I guarantee that it would be more interesting that a majority of the BS reality shows out there. Beside what better reality show is there than this?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
That's probably OK if you're Pete but I know that in order for me to do that, I'd have to take off the entire week for the travel. As it is now, I am leaving next Wednesday afternoon and am only missing two days of work.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
That's probably OK if you're Pete but I know that in order for me to do that, I'd have to take off the entire week for the travel. As it is now, I am leaving next Wednesday afternoon and am only missing two days of work.

I assume you mean to attend the Bristol race? Otherwise i can't figure out how what you said relates to the thread.:clueless:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Only if the proceeding weekend would be an off-weekend. But that'd be too much for the teams still. I don't even know if I'd be into it that much. I'm not as exited for football on a Thursday or Monday as I am for football on a Sunday.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I assume you mean to attend the Bristol race? Otherwise i can't figure out how what you said relates to the thread.:clueless:

Sorry, that's exactly what I mean. May I should proofread for clarity more.

It would be great to have the mid week race for the fan at home but I can't see where that works for the majority that attend the race.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Thursday is the night of the week were most people watch TV. I don't think Mon, Wed, or Fri would be good night for a weekday night race.

The race would have to be a short race. NHMS, RIR, LVMS or PIR would be the best places for them. 300mi max. Or even a timed race. Green drops at 8pm ET & Checkered drops at 10:30pm no matter what.
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
It would probably rain that night

You're probably right :worried:

Ya' know Boeing has some huge hangers in Washington. It would be nice if they turned the inside of one of those into a race track :idea:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, as a TV viewer it would be cool to have a mid-week race. But not for the people attending the race I'm sure.

Ya' know Boeing has some huge hangers in Washington. It would be nice if they turned the inside of one of those into a race track

Those are nothing compared to the hangers at Area 51 and other sites, most of which are underground.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Ya' know Boeing has some huge hangers in Washington. It would be nice if they turned the inside of one of those into a race track :idea:

Hmmm, 43 cars, running pedal to the metal for three hours straight. Better get that ventilation thing figured out. That race could turn out to be more of a sleeper than California Speedway! LOL

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Hmmm, 43 cars, running pedal to the metal for three hours straight. Better get that ventilation thing figured out. That race could turn out to be more of a sleeper than California Speedway! LOL

They can hold their breathe :hhh:

:shock:

Don't they run the Chili Bowl indoors? :scratch:
Posted via Mobile Device