Price drop for Xbox 360 consoles...Pro version to be phased out.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I just sent back my 360 for the laser drive failing....discs wouldn't read on it. When I spoke with the microsoft representative, they said the RROD problems are starting to fade out and this problem is starting to happen more.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've got 2 Xboxes. We use them just about every day to watch DVDs, Netflix, Hulu, and downloaded stuff. I've never had a RROD.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
They're coming out with a new 250 GB model (that will sell for the same price that the Elite originally retailed for).

Don't worry though if you buy (or have bought) a 120 GB Elite, you will soon be able to buy an inexpensive 250 GB laptop drive and upgrade (using software tools for the PC).

I'm with memebag on how often I play games, I have found myself using my Xbox 360 primarily for HD media (video and music). It's worth it for that alone.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My daughter and I played Lego Indiana Jones the other day, but we'd rather play it on the Wii. Even though it doesn't use the light bar and barely uses the accelerometers (you shake the controllers to build stuff), we both prefer the separate nunchuk design for game control.

But for media, I still haven't found any dedicated media player that rivals the Xbox.