Who's going to win this one?

Television Coverage: Sunday, Oct 4th, ABC, 2:00pm/et

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:16pm/et

Scheduled Race Re-Airs:
ESPN2: Monday, October 5 at 3:00am/et
ESPN Classic: Monday, October 5 at 12:00pm/et
SPEED, Wednesday, October 7 at 12:00pm/et

Weather Link..... Kansas City, KS - 5 Day Weather Forecast

Kansas Performing Pre-Race Concert at Kansas Speedway - cool if your my age.

Defending race winner: #48-Jimmie Johnson

Will a Chase driver win this race?

Who's going to come out of this weekend with the Chase lead?

I'm picking a Chase driver to win - Mark Martin

Mark Martin will still be the point leader after his win this weekend.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Why have hope anymore? :eek:

Just call it for Jimmie and be happy. :eek:

But how about this NFL season? It's been amazing! Teams that were supposed to win are 0-3 and teams that were supposed to lose have won. THIS is how sports is supposed to be!
:)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
mghtx..... Do not drink the Kool-Aid! There is always hope. He's always just one issue away from finishing back in the pack. He seldom does so the odds are stacked against him. He's finished 30th or worse five times this season in the first 26 races. He's do for a bad result or two. The other thing that he has going against him from here on out is that I intend on picking him in my fantasy picks every week from now till the end of the season. That is a sure 'kiss of death'!

NFL season so far..... Many good games to date with the exception of my Steelers! LOL

Last edited:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
mghtx..... Do not drink the Kool-Aid! There is always hope.

I hear ya. I l always have hope. I was kidding around.

Besides, even Jr. pays more attention to the NFL even when he's driving. :hhh:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I hear ya. I l always have hope. I was kidding around.

Besides, even Jr. pays more attention to the NFL even when he's driving. :hhh:

You did drink the Kool-Aid. You drank the TMD edition of the Kool-Aid. They tried to turn that scanner byte into a topic and succeeded. That was one of the most asinine topics that TMD has brought up in a while. I was listening to his scanner all afternoon and that discussion happened about 10 minutes into the red flag. They'd already discussed the car and its issues. They'd already discussed the wreck and whether everyone was OK and what happened. They were making small talk. I'd be willing to bet that there were many other drivers that talked about subjects other than racing.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm hoping Mark Martin wins AND I'm holding out hope, at least for a few more races, that the 48 won't run away with it again.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Martin brings 'hot' car to Kansas

#5-Mark Martin's crew chief Alan Gustafson, has chosen Chassis No. 5-527 for this Sunday's race at Kansas Speedway. This is the same chassis Martin drove to Victory Lane at Darlington Raceway in May and Chicagoland Speedway in July. Martin most recently raced the car to a fifth-place finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway in September.

Go Mark! :bigthumbup:

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
I have a Price Chopper down the street from me. When you shop there you earn money off Sunoco gas. Everyone I know is saving atleast 50 cents per gallon, people are gonna be pissed when this promotion ends.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Similar thing here in PA @ a place called Giant Eagle. Every $50 @ the store earns you 10 cents/gal. I just saved $1.40 a gallon on Tuesday. You're able to get up to 30 gallons @ the discount.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Clint Bowyer in 2nd in qualifying so far. Hope he hangs on to it.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Kansas: Tar of Death?

It seems there could be trouble with the racing surface at Kansas Speedway. That trouble would be with the seams. The tar filling the seams, to be exact, is sending the Sprint Cup cars off their intended course. #2-Kurt Busch called it, "The tar of death". #24-Jeff Gordon said, "The seams are unreal. I don't know if they put a different sealer on them or what's going on. The seams, beside the wind, are playing havoc today." The four-time champion said the tar-covered seams are forcing drivers to make decisions. "You either got to go above them, straddle them or somehow get below them," Gordon said. "It's definitely challenging." Busch said, "Last year I had a hard time here at Kansas. I don't know when they put that tar sealant down to help with drainage, water getting into the cracks and pot holes developing or big bumps&(but) I couldn't go from the second lane to the third lane or the second lane back to the first lane without crossing the 'tar of death'. It was tough."

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, that might make this race worth watching. :rolleyes:

Otherwise it's the usual Hendrick cars up front on a cookie-cutter track.

Can you just imagine? Jr. heading for the win on the last lap...hit's the "tar of death"....goes into the wall. Kansas explodes. U.N. troops are called in.

This track hasn't been taken over by that chick from Auto Club Speedway has it? :p They had an issue too.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They need to have Tony Stewart race a station wagon with Claire B. Lang tied to the roof :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
It doesn't bother me that Joey Logano wins the race. What pisses me off are all those Nationwide drivers that can't go 5 laps without wrecking to bring out the caution :mad: