President Bush is now my hero, too!!

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
He just gave me a 3.5% pay raise for 2009! Guess he's not such a had guy after all.:bigthumbup:

Bush Signs Bill with Troops' Pay Raise
Week of October 20, 2008

President Bush signed legislation allowing $612 billion in defense spending for the 2009 budget year, including a pay raise for troops. The legislation allows a supplement of nearly $70 billion for U.S. operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, and requires more information on contractors with projects in Iraq. It also paves the way for Bush's plan to build an anti-missile system in Eastern Europe, a proposal strongly opposed by Russia. Check out the 2009 Pay Chart here.

bsummers12

Oct 13, 2008
Portsmouth, Ohio
Hey BMF,

I just read about the 3.9% pay increase in the OCT 20 issue of Army Times. Glad to see they are trying to keep up with the civilain sector of wages.

Did you also get a bonus for the Biochemist skill? Not sure what the MOS would be for that, but I'm just a dumbass SFC.

Hopefully Bush will pass this so it will be in effect with the complete increase this time unlike what he done this past Jan. holding back the .5% on us.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, I took out a cash advance too and gave myself a $1500 bonus.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
Hey 3.5% is better than anyone in my company. With the economy the way it is, there is a salary freeze to be cautious in the face of this downturn. So far our business is doing well, but you never know how long it's sustainable.