Premium internet for Sirius

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
Hey guys I went to get one of those 50 dollar gift cards since my subscription was up tomorrow for the three months. But I wanted to know if I can add the premium internet for my stiletto 2 using my 50 dollar credit on my account or I would need to use a credit card.

I am a college student and listen to the internet stream and the quality is horrible now and want to upgrade to 128k. The thing is I am kind of in a jam that I don't have a credit card to use when I pick upgrade internet radio on my account page. I hope I would be able to somehow without having to call the dreaded sirius help line.

thanks guys

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
If you put the gift card into your account already, it should subtract the fee to upgrade to premium from the balance left by your gift card.

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
On my account page I activated the gift card, but when I go to add internet radio to premium they want me to enter payment information for a credit card which I don't use. Maybe I am missing something on the page. I don't understand why sirius won't give you the option to switch to premium using a gift card instead of a credit card.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Sadly, Not in my experience.

I had a 1 year sub for my Stiletto and I used nothing but prepaid cards to start it up. That was fine, but when I went to go add premium internet later, I called in and asked if I could do so with the remaining extra balance on the card that was on my account. they said no, I needed a credit card. I called again and asked someone else. They didn't know what I was even saying. I called once more and wrote an email and got the same response as the first time, even with my gift card having 20 some dollars on it yet on my account, I couldnt use that towards premium internet streaming. Maybe if you call and yell at them, it could work. But in my attempts, they wouldn't budge for me.

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
Ah that is a bummer. I don't understand what the problem is, I would love to add premium. Maybe I will give them a call and see if they can do anything about it. I'm pretty sure a lot of people do the same thing I do with the gift cards instead of giving them a credit card number.

Thanks for the help guys.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
No problem.

yes, I do suggest you call them and ask really nice to use the credit on your gift card. I only used gift cards for a year or so with no issue, since I didn't have a CC. But, when it came it premium internet, they were weird about it. maybe ask to speak to a supervisor or something when you call. Something should be able to be arranged.

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
Do you have a debit card? That's what I use to pay my monthly subscription and it works great.