Possible rebirth of north wilkesboro

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I sure hope it works out. Seeing that picture of the wall with "winston cup" on it sure recalls happier times.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Since I live a half hour from the track, I pass it every once in a while and it's still a sight to behold after all these years. It'd be great if they could bring back the track, but honestly, it's in one hellhole of a town that doesn't really deserve it.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Yeah, Moody was saying last week that it would take a HUGE effort to get the infrastructure ready for any kind of occupancy. Would be nice though.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Yeah, Moody was saying last week that it would take a HUGE effort to get the infrastructure ready for any kind of occupancy. Would be nice though.

Wilkesboro neither has the infranstruture, or the desire to support it.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
UPDATE: The ASA Late Model Series Presented by GM Performance Parts announced that the ‘King’s Ransom 300’ has found a new home at the historic North Wilkesboro Speedway. The event will once again be televised and draw the top short track drivers from around the country to compete. “After talking with the new ownership group at North Wilkesboro Speedway, I know that we share the same vision of reviving short track racing”, stated Ron Varney ASA Late Model Series President. “North Wilkesboro Speedway has a long history of short track racing and we are very excited to be able to carry on that tradition”, finished Varney.
“On behalf of the Speedway Associates Team and North Wilkesboro Speedway, we are incredibly honored to have the ASA Late Model Series bring it's famed Kings Ransom 300 to our historic speedway. We commend everyone with ASALMS for working so very hard to continue the mission in saving short track racing abroad”, stated Alton McBride Jr. President & Director of Operations SAI (North Wilkesboro Speedway). For more information about the ASA Late Model Series visit ASA Late Model Series

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/...ays-new-life/sports-professional-auto-racing/

Last edited: