Possible Battery Problem with SL2

TAZLV

Oct 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone having this problem? It has been shutting down alot lately, so I did the device recovery program. But the problem still remains, however when I take the battery out and plug it into the home dock it works fine (so far). At first I thought it had something to do with my recording, but then it continued to shutdown while listening to live satelitte radio. It is working without a battery in the dock just fine. Any thoughts?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Anyone having this problem? It has been shutting down alot lately, so I did the device recovery program. But the problem still remains, however when I take the battery out and plug it into the home dock it works fine (so far). At first I thought it had something to do with my recording, but then it continued to shutdown while listening to live satelitte radio. It is working without a battery in the dock just fine. Any thoughts?

No. But it sounds like you do have a battery issue. If only SL2 batteries were available separatly. Is your SL2 under warrentee?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
We have some SL2 Batteries that we got from SIRIUS only to replace for ones that are defective or expanded. So we can't just sell one for someone to have as extra. If you are certain it's the battery just let me know and I will swap it out for you with a new one.

Has anyone you talked to at Sirius given you any indication why they are not selling replacement batteries? It seems completely bizzare that they would not do this. They did for the SL100.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i have a weird bat issue. every now and then when i use the sl2 portably the bat will only last a few hours. however most of the time it will last hours on end. its odd, its like sometimes it is unable to hold a charge. luckily this does not happen very often so i dont even really need to think about getting a new battery.

-jhdk

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
i have a weird bat issue. every now and then when i use the sl2 portably the bat will only last a few hours. however most of the time it will last hours on end. its odd, its like sometimes it is unable to hold a charge. luckily this does not happen very often so i dont even really need to think about getting a new battery.

-jhdk

If the sat mode is not disabled in portable mode, it will drain the battery quickly. To disable, you should always pop into internet mode before going to the library. All you have to do is find the networks to turn off the sat chips. Going to the library alone will not turn off the sat chips.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If the sat mode is not disabled in portable mode, it will drain the battery quickly. To disable, you should always pop into internet mode before going to the library. All you have to do is find the networks to turn off the sat chips. Going to the library alone will not turn off the sat chips.

huh, i didnt think of that. seems easy enough to do to prevent a drained battery. i did it last night at wok just to be sure.

-jhdk