Pop 2K

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I'm a bit disappointed with this channel in that they plays too much "current" music that can also be heard on Hits 1. I think they should play more stuff from earlier in the decade.

loadfet17

Nov 14, 2008
The wife and I really enjoyed this channel on a recent road trip. We both heard songs that we hadn't heard in years! So different than the pulse or hits one.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah this has quickly become one of my favorites, but then I liked Hitlist too and that seems to be what is was created from. I like this channel much better than Hits 1.

Neel

Nov 15, 2008
They should keep Hits 1 more rock-based (i.e. OAR, Daughtery, Nickelback) like it has been and Pop2K more Rhythmic CHR/R&B. That would justify having the two channels.

Yeah this has quickly become one of my favorites, but then I liked Hitlist too and that seems to be what is was created from. I like this channel much better than Hits 1.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
I liked Hitlist too and that seems to be what is was created from.
did pop2k diverge from the XM Hitlist playlist or was it just a channel rename? i only listened to Hitlist once in a while but for Pop2K, i'm tuning in at least a couple times a day...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
did pop2k diverge from the XM Hitlist playlist or was it just a channel rename? i only listened to Hitlist once in a while but for Pop2K, i'm tuning in at least a couple times a day...

I think the format is a little different, but pretty close to the old Hitlist. It seems they play much more pop now than before. This isn't one of those channels I can leave on all day long. But I do like it!

ibster

Nov 1, 2008
Calgary, AB
Sirius' website says Pop2k plays "The biggest hits and limited forgotten Hits from 2000-2008"

I was listening today and they played Mo Money Mo Problems by B.I.G, Puffy, et al.
That song was released in 1997.

Hopefully they can straighten out the playlist on this station, and the others that people have complained about.

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
they to tend to go with alot 2006-2008 songs more than they do 2000-2005, they do need to open up a bit more, i would consider this another decades channel, but theyre playlist doesn't make it that way

Dave

Oct 17, 2008
They should keep Hits 1 more rock-based (i.e. OAR, Daughtery, Nickelback) like it has been and Pop2K more Rhythmic CHR/R&B. That would justify having the two channels.

The Pulse = Hot AC/Pop rock (Daughtry, Nickleback, etc.)
The Heat = Rhythmic / Pop (despite being in the Urban neighborhood. And Sirius' description of the channel is wrong)

Pop2K is suppose to be the answer to a millennium hits channel but it's not quite there yet. They seem to concentrate on the later part of the decade (2005-2008), while only a few early decade hits thrown in. As far as I can tell, it's exactly like XM's former Hit List (CHR), something Sirius never had. And this channel is far different than Hits 1 which concentrates mostly on new music, unlike Pop2K/Hit List.

Last edited:

Blade

Dec 6, 2009
Heard a song on Pop2k but can't seem to find out who it's by. Title was Bow Wow Wow...can anyone help me???