Poor Sal.

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by J3ff, Oct 13, 2008.

1. J3ff

J3ff Member

I was convinced it was just a bit that he wasn't going to the wedding.......I wonder if he was drunk crying at home reading his kids a book during the wedding.

:jj:
  2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

From the sounds of it, it's okay he missed it. Nothing too exciting happened, he's probably better off. He would have given a dumb speech, and taken up another half an hour on the show discussing it.
  3. Maineiac

Maineiac New Member

He dug his own grave on that situation. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He had his chance to attend because Beth felt bad but he blew that chance and that was it.

There is a time to be funny and a time to be serious.
  4. jagger

jagger New Member

Sal did screw himself but do you guys think that what Chevy Chase did was much different than a Sal moment? Granted he is a celebrity but take that title away and it seems pretty similar to me.
    Don't get me wrong though, When I heard about the Chevy speech I was laughing my ass off!
  5. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I think it was different because it was goofy and not about getting a real laugh. Seemed strange, though. A big love me daddy moment.
  6. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

It is a double standard, but if Sal were to do the same thing that Chevy did he might have found himself kicked off of the show.

Interesting...I wonder if I would find it funny to hear Chevy sing, "Look at this photograph...it's a picture of my wife's big ass..."?
  7. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I don't think Sal would have been kicked off the show, but he would never be invitied to any other function and his life at the show would be pretty miserable.

BTW, I think it was Kimmel who said it best on the Celebrity Round Table (and I hate Kimmel, but credit where credit is due). Chevy was the "Holy Shit" moment of the wedding to most and it seemed not only disrespectful not because of what was said but more the fact that Chevy seems to think that is the entire humor of the show. I can almost guarantee he has never listened to an entire show or even close to an entire episode! Most likely never listened at all!
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  8. jagger

jagger New Member

Definetly a double standard, but understandable.

How about him telling Sarah Silverman that he wanted to pee on her LOL!
    Sounds like Chevy was on fi-aaaaaa!!!