Political Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Gary Owens, longtime Los Angeles DJ and Rowan & Matin's Laugh-In announcer (now deceased), said one time, "I went to a carnival and there was a shooting gallery where you could shoot at a big picture of Abraham Lincoln. It was the John Wilkes booth."

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Gary Owens, longtime Los Angeles DJ and Rowan & Matin's Laugh-In announcer (now deceased), said one time, "I went to a carnival and there was a shooting gallery where you could shoot at a big picture of Abraham Lincoln. It was the John Wilkes booth."
That's stoopid.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"Look, last week I wrote on a big tablet, 'I want nothing. No quid pro quo. Tell Zellinsky to do the right thing.' Yes, I misspelled Zelensky's name. I'm an expert at lying, not spelling, okay? Anyway, I wrote those words with the same black Sharpie I used to alter the Hurricane Dorian map. As I told reporters last week, those are the words I instructed Sondland to say to Zelensky, okay? There's no record of the call but that shouldn't be a problem, should it? You believe I made the call, right?"

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"Look, this whole impeachment investigation is a hoax and a scam and a witch hunt, okay? I'm being denied due process. I should be able to talk to Shifty Schiff and the witnesses and plead my case, okay?" "All right, Mr. Trump, we're inviting you to our December 4 hearing. You will be able to talk to Adam Schiff and the witnesses and plead your case. What do you say, Mr. Trump?" "No!"

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Harris said choosing to drop out of the race was "one of the hardest decisions" of her life. Huh! I would think it would be an easy decision, considering her poll numbers were only 3 or 4 percent.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ya, she fizzled out early eh. I like her but she seemed a bit too agro in some of her tv appearances. Kinda like the current prez but somehow less so.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said "Schiff and the Democrats utterly failed to produce any evidence of wrongdoing by President Trump." Grisham, same as the President, lives in Trumpworld, the topsy-turvy land of delusions where bad is good and wrong is right.

House report outlines evidence for Trump impeachment
The Associated Press, Dec 3 2019 2:50 PM

The House released a sweeping impeachment report today outlining evidence of what it calls President Donald Trump's wrongdoing toward Ukraine, findings that will serve as the foundation for debate over whether the 45th president should be removed from office. The 300-page report from Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee makes the case that Trump misused the power of his office and, in the course of their investigation, obstructed Congress by stonewalling the proceedings. Based on two months of investigation, the report contains evidence and testimony from current and former U.S. officials.

"The impeachment inquiry has found that President Trump, personally and acting through agents within and outside of the U.S. government, solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, to benefit his reelection," the report said. "The President engaged in this course of conduct for the benefit of his own presidential reelection, to harm the election prospects of a political rival and to influence our nation's upcoming Presidential election to his advantage. The President placed his own personal and political interests above the national interests of the United States, sought to undermine the integrity of the U.S. Presidential election process and endangered U.S. national security."

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Washington Post has documented more than 13,600 lies and misstatements Donald Trump has told since assuming the Presidency – and today he called Adam Schiff a "liar," a "maniac" and a "sick man." Wow. Just wow.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I knew that one!!!!! I knew that one!!!!!!

In the past three days, three Democratic candidates have dropped out of the Presidential race. At this rate, by early February there will be only two candidates left.

Montana Governor Steve Bullock drops out of Presidential race

Why are there still two Canadians in the race?

Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I know one candidate was born in American Samoa but I don't know of any who were born in Canada. Oh wait, you've been watching Terrance and Phillip on South Park again, haven't you?

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Donald Trump, who likely has never read any of the United States Constitution, continues to denigrate the impeachment process against him as a "scam" and a "witch hunt." Today he insisted he has committed "no crimes" and therefore cannot be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors." He also questioned Democrats' loyalty to America. He believes anyone who is not blindly loyal to him is disloyal to America. "L'état c'est moi."

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This is only fair. Why should Americans be the only ones making fun of Trump?

NATO leaders caught on camera mocking Trump

Impeachment hearings live updates: Four legal scholars called by Democrats testify that Trump's conduct is grounds for removal from office

Our national embarrassment was mocking your national embarrassment. Classic.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In an editorial in yesterday's Los Angeles Times, Carla Hall wrote that it was "exhilarating to see a smart, accomplished, powerful Senator who is also a black woman running for President" and "depressing" to see Kamala Harris withdraw from the race after her poll numbers plummeted. Hall concluded, "The question is how she will retool her image. Depending on who is slated to get the nomination, she could be a vice presidential candidate." Joe Biden is thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.