Pocket Tunes review wanted

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Not sure if I should drop $10 on the app since the official Sirius app is not up to par for my needs. How well does Pocket Tunes work with Sirius? With H100/101 specifically? Over 3G? WiFi? Thanks.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've only used it via Wifi and since we are in roll out mode for 3G, it seems that it is up and down, so I am mostly on Edge right now. I've not even bothered with it.

I can tell you that the XM side uses music dock, which doesn't or hasn't updated their channel listing so that is rather confusing, though they did add the channels directly to Pocket Tunes in a recent update, which makes it a lot easier. The pad data is hit and miss, though I've learned how to make it work.

It will do the job, but personally I am finding I am not using it much now and have gone with the Sirius XM app instead. I am not totally happy with it either, but it is a bit more refinded for Sat radio vs and Pocket Tunes which covered tons of music stations etc.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
You might want to get pocket tunes before Sirius has them disable the Sirius/Xm part of it. If you already have it I wouldn't update it till you know for sure Sirius and Xm are still streaming. Just a thought....

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You might want to get pocket tunes before Sirius has them disable the Sirius/Xm part of it. If you already have it I wouldn't update it till you know for sure Sirius and Xm are still streaming. Just a thought....

Eh you are thinking Sirius is going to force them to remove the Siriux XM support? You are probably right! :no:

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Just a follow-up; I finally invested the $10 in Pocket Tunes so I could listen To The Stern Show "Live" while working out in my gym. Great app. Simple , intuitive interface, very easy to use and PERFECT 3G reception. I highly recommend the app.