PLUG ONLY for 5V Sirius Radios

rdurost

Jan 10, 2010
I'm an electronics technician. Generic 5V 2.5 amp power supplies are as common as dirt, but the coaxial plug that Sirius uses on the end of their branded power cords is apparently not one of the common ones.

I don't want to pay $15+ for a Sirius-branded power supply when all I need to do is put a new plug on one of the several adapters I already have. Does anybody know if the plug is available separately? No, Radio Shack doesn't have it. The inside and outside dimensions of the plug would be great if that's all you have.

Thanks!

Richard

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Call TSS Radio.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Hey Richard, welcome to DRC! I'm Matt and I work at TSS Radio. I would love to help you out with your situation. Give me a call at 733-772-4340 and I will be able to help you out. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
They don't carry them either.

Richard

I spoke to Richard. He is looking for just the end that plugs into the docking station itself. He wants to build his own basically. I offered him one at a very low cost but he is trying to solve it another way. Richard is a very nice guy and is going a route that may provide some information for all of us, or at least the at home DIY-ers. If he can't get it to work I told him we would still be more than happy to help him. I hope it works out for him.

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I had a similar issue. The coaxial plug for my Starmate 5 is so small that it doesn't fit any universal adapater's plugs that I have. Not sure if this will really help your situation, but figured I would pass it along anyway. I recently got a Stratus 6 (w/ car kit) & can tell you that its dock has a bigger plug than previous units and I was able to use it perfectly with one of my universal adapters; essentially changing the car cradle into a home made home kit.

I have then also swapped my Starmate 5 & Stratus 6 with this newer cradle with great success. I had to put my power adapter on a 4.5V setting since it didn't have a direct 5V option (next level was 6V), but it has been working great for a few weeks now.