Player suggested to use as alarm

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I used to use the Yahoo widget as an alarm clock by creating a task that simply opened it up (since you could set it to play on startup). Do you know of another app that will play at startup so I can use it as an alarm?

jbjonas

Nov 15, 2009
I also used to use the Yahoo Widget by Tanner. I used an older version 2.2.x which had alarm functionality built in and so I didn't need to schedule the app to start. After Sirius' change 'broke' the widget I was patiently waiting for a fix. I never found another solution like you're looking for, though I'm sure there must be one.

Luckily I ended up getting the TTR1 as a Christmas present and that solved the problem for me. Now that I have it though, I would definitely have paid the $$ out of my own pocket. It is great as an alarm. Now I use the 'sleep' as well as alarm functions and I go to sleep and wake up with Howard... (that sounds a little weird, doesn't it?)

I know that this isn't the solution you're looking for. I hope you find it.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Here's a solution for Mac users.

On my Mac, I use the Pulsar player and Audio Hijack Pro to start and stop Pulsar. Both products have been designed as to work together. You can select the Channel, record or not (to a wide variety of audio formats), mute or not, etc. So it is quite easy to set up as an alarm clock.

In my opinion, the combo Pulsar, Audio Hijack Pro, and Fission is one of the best choices for online Sirius/XM subscribers on a Mac.