Photos of Slacker G2 dock (Discussion)

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Yeah I can see how that would happen. The dock itself has two little rubber cushions that it looks like the G2 rest again so you can push it down pretty well.

You were in a rush to beat me DAWG! LOL

I really appreciate the pictures and you did indeed earn the cookie!

images

By the way I took your warning update back to black and downsized the text! No use throwing up a red flag that doesn't really exist! :)

If your has continued to have the buzz I was going to suggest it maybe just be a bad one. But I am glad you got it working.

chocolate_chip_cookie_bitten.jpg

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I still don't get why they don't sell it on the Slacker store. :confused:

This is pretty common as I recall Sirius doing the same thing with most new radios. You could get them else where before you could get them at their own store.

Really what difference does it make as long as you can buy them?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My dock came in the mail today. The sound quality is just great.

Sweet! Yeah I got one setup in each of my Scion xB's one for my company car and one for my personal car. It is so much better than just sticking in my cup holder or on the seat when traveling.

I don't really have a need for one in my house or office as I am using the iPod Touch with the Slacker app in those settings.

The fixed audio-out on the docks really is nice though!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I had sort of a unique thing happen today. I've been using my dock a good bit, but today was listening to my G2 most of the day. Well I changed the channel and several hours later my Slacker G2 just quit playing. So, I pull it off the dock and it is like it is dead. I try holding down the ban/home buttons. Open the back and hit the reset, but it appears totally dead. It doesn't dawn on me that the battery could be dead because after all I have it docked where it would be charging all the time I was listening. Well what I discovered is that the battery on the G2 was in fact dead.

How did this happen? I docked my G2 and messed around with it on the dock. I discovered that if it is slightly raised on the dock while the sound will continue to work, it apparently isn't making good enough contact for it to charge. So basically I had been listening to it on the G2 battery, so I ran it down completely and this is why it wouldn't come back on.

Now that I know when I change the channel or mess with it, I'll make sure it is pushed all the way down on the dock. Then I'll make sure to look that I have the little charging symbol.

Just wanted to share this little experience because it would suck to get up one morning thinking you had a full charged G2 ready to go for the day and it actually had not been pushed down on the dock enough to be charging it.