Phone call from SIRIUS corporate. (AKA "How you can save money.")

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Interestingly, the person calling me was from Nova Scotia. I didn't know Sirius Corporate had offices all the way up there. I thought "Sirius Corporate" automatically meant talking to someone in the GE Building in NYC, but apparently that building is nothing but Mel's office and a bunch of broadcast studios.

I tried to explain to the lady that Internet Radio on the SL2 is 100% correct except that there's no channel 81. As we all know, the Satellite Radio listening options still say Pop2K and Cinemagic.

So, they tried to send a signal. Those "signals" apparently cause the radios to say "Subscription Updated, press any key to continue." I don't think i've EVER seen that message.

So i'm trying to explain to the lady about my frustration with the logo issue and the whole "channel mapping update" doohickey. Do they EVER pick up a Sirius radio to understand what's going on? This forum could run the damn company just by using it's collective left nut or breast, whatever you have.

Anyhoo, I bitched a little bit and managed to save a bit over $30 off the next time I pay.

AND...I didn't know this, but apparently the deadline to extend internet streaming has been extended to later this month. Can anyone confirm this?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That's what they told me. If I paid up, they'd give me the 32K, even though the deadline for 32K passed. I was assuming that should 32K be extended for everyone, they'd announce it somehow.

Maybe it was because I bitched. I don't really care though. 32K is fine for me, and since I have a SL2, I hardly ever go to sirius.com to listen online.

Saving $32 or whatever it was is always a nice thing as well.

Bottom line -- bitch at all your paid subscriptions, whether it be satellite radio, internet radio, TV, cell phone, and save $$.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
AND...I didn't know this, but apparently the deadline to extend internet streaming has been extended to later this month. Can anyone confirm this?

I logged into my account yesterday to make sure I didn't have to update my credit card with them seeing as one of them just expired. While in there I noticed that expect for the 1 premium streaming attached to my SL2, all the other usernames I had tied to a receiver for free streaming are now missing.

Mine renewed last on 3/14.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I logged into my account yesterday to make sure I didn't have to update my credit card with them seeing as one of them just expired. While in there I noticed that expect for the 1 premium streaming attached to my SL2, all the other usernames I had tied to a receiver for free streaming are now missing.

Mine renewed last on 3/14.

Did you get to lock in at the old rates?

I should log in to see what mine looks like.