Phoenix Coyotes sale approved

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Originally started from this thread http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/nhl/17427-reports-phoenix-coyotes-staying-put-arizona.html

Here the reports coming in:

Report: NHL approves Coyotes sale

Sources: Gosbee/LeBlanc group agrees to buy Coyotes

There still another hurdle to go through about the deal in Glendale about the Jobing.com Arena, more news about that on Tuesday. But looks like the Phoenix Coyotes will be staying put!

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

image.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Well at least they are selling to a group that is big and loves the sport. I remember their bid from many many years ago and it seemed stronger than Reinsdorf's but who knows what happened after that.

Hopefully the Coyotes will move up and off of the Welfare system of the NHL. It would be great is all the welfare teams were able to.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
I will believe it when it's a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Its amazing how many teams have changed ownership in the last 13 years.

But wow I think there were 3 or 4 in the time this whole Phoenix situation has been going on.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
So is this actually finished yet or what? Every time it seems like a deal is in place it magically disappears. :clueless:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
So is this actually finished yet or what? Every time it seems like a deal is in place it magically disappears. :clueless:

The last bit of news I heard is, the new owners were meeting in Glendale to deal with the lease agreement where the Coyotes play. All I been hearing is that the GM contract got renewed and extended and they are trying to re-sign the head coach Dave Tippet. I just want the last hurdle the "arena lease agreement" finalize!

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Didn't Buffalo ultimately sell for less? That price is just ridiculous.

As for the NHL helping to fund the sale. Can anyone really be that surprised by that?

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Hey Wolfie, would you support the Coyotes moving, to Phoenix. That's what they should do. Tell Glendale to go fuck themselves. It's too far away anyway. Who the hell wants to drive all the way out to Glendale from Tempe or Chandler?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hey Wolfie, would you support the Coyotes moving, to Phoenix. That's what they should do. Tell Glendale to go fuck themselves. It's too far away anyway. Who the hell wants to drive all the way out to Glendale from Tempe or Chandler?

It was a huge mistake to build an arena clear out in Glendale though, shoulda built a new arena downtown to share with the Suns.

I would support the Coyotes moving back to Phoenix, there are some rumors that the Phoenix Suns are in talks of building a new arena, to replace the 20+ year old arena. Before Jobing Arena got built, the original plan was built the arena in South Scottsdale which would have more population, cities and highway access around the place. But instead the deal fell through and Glendale won the site location.

Tempe to Glendale is about an 1/2 hour drive and Chandler is an hour drive, that part of the reason the attendance is down. East Valley residents don't want to drive an hour plus to and from there locations. It would probably been the same, if it was built in the east valley and the west valley residents would been complaining.

The Yotes started out at the basketball arena but it had lousy sightlines for hockey

That is true, because part of ice was under played under the stands. I tried to find a photo to describe it, but this is what I can find. Because US Airways Center is a small arena, plus it a bit dark and ugly inside.

yotes.jpg

Hell part of the Arizona Rattlers football field mainly the touchdown area is under the stands, the Rattlers need to move to Jobing Arena. It would help finance the arena during the off season of hockey.

1131_us_airways_6

Last edited:

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I did go to a game in the old arena. It did suck.

Downtown Phoenix in the same area as the Suns arena would be a nice central location.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
In other news, it looks like the Wings will be getting a new arena in downtown Detroit near Ford Field and Comerica Park.