Phoenix Coyotes sale approved

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Now we wait until the NHL finalizes the sale in 32 days. Hopefully bettman doesn't mess this up.

Funny that the reporters at the meeting last night can't even pay attention.

LeBlanc said we aren't buying the NY Yankees.

The local reporter said, "this isn't the NY Rangers."

Man try to follow along with the conversation.

Now Coyotes go make some money so that my Season Ticket Holder money doesn't increase in order to help the team make payroll.

Of course we are already paying for Shea Webers contract. :) :(

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Is Ice Edge the 4th or 5th owner since the team moved to Arizona?

I believe Ice Edge is the 5th owner of the Coyotes since the team moved to Phoenix in '96. What I can recall and find on the net, here the past owners Jerry Colangelo, Wayne Gretzky, Jerry Moyes and NHL. The Coyotes have been in the valley for nearly 17 years.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I believe Ice Edge is the 5th owner of the Coyotes since the team moved to Phoenix in '96. What I can recall and find on the net, here the past owners Jerry Colangelo, Wayne Gretzky, Jerry Moyes and NHL. The Coyotes have been in the valley for nearly 17 years.

But would have been long gone if free market forces and laws of supply and demand were at work and not surpressed by the league itself.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?

Ice Edge doesn't own the team or is about to buy the team. And Gretzky has never been the majority owner the team either.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Ice Edge doesn't own the team or is about to buy the team. And Gretzky has never been the majority owner the team either.

I know that, but there still be owner #5 or something like that and for Gretzky he was part owner of the team not majority, which I didn't said. Then he step down to became the head coach. Plus during that time, I was a season ticket holder and met him in real life, which I was able to get his autograph.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
This is around town and it has been official.
30jqpl2.jpg

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
I hope this is the real deal, but in case it's not there is a nice shiny new arena being built in Quebec City.

hehehe

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Last edited:

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
I'd like to see Kansas City get an NHL team. It would give St. Louis another cross-state sports rival.

Reactions: semipenguin

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Glendale votes to cancel Coyotes' contract

Well the city of Glendale, the council voted 5-2 to end the 15 year deal.

This is from the Arizona Coyotes.

In response to the decision, the Arizona Coyotes released this statement:

"Arizona Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc issued the following statement following tonight's Glendale City Council meeting.

'We are disappointed with the city's decision to violate its obligations under the agreement that was entered into and duly approved only two years ago. We will exhaust any and all legal remedies against the city of Glendale for this blatant violation of its contractual obligations to us.'"

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Now the president of the Arizona Coyotes will be preparing legal action against the city of Glendale. I bet the Coyotes will start looking at other cities pretty soon and possible move not this next season, but the one after?

There are some rumors, that Phoenix could land the Coyotes back? The arena where the Phoenix Suns play is getting close to 30 years old and they're starting to ask the city for a new arena. Well if they can work that deal fast, maybe the Coyotes and Suns can share an arena again within a couple of years.