Pets

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We love our fuzzy beasts.

In my life Athena is the best. A really great cat. I've had her since she was about 10 weeks old and now she's 10 years old.

This kitty will hopefully live to 20+

I love her so much. Honestly, I'm single now so I have my aunts and uncle and Athena...I probably love Athena the most. Don't get me wrong, those family members are great but I see them like once a month. I am with and responsible for keeping alive, Athena every day.

And she's a giant cunt. She scratches me all the time but then she climbs on top of me to sleep. It's an abusive relationship but I can't and will never let it go.

Also I got her a year after my mom died, so that's a thing. She was full of fleas. I had to wash and dunk her head for like 0.5 seconds but I constantly feel bad about that. I hope I didn't make her feel like she was drowning.

So I live with scratches on my hands, that's my life. I play with her and lightly smack her paws and she plays back...it's fun for us both.

She's my little lion.

I know we've talked about our pets before but I'm in a thread making mood and think we should talk about it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oh and when I went and bought corona supplies, a bag of cat food was top of the list.

One 3.5 lb bag lasts like 6 weeks.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
On Friday we had to bring Penny to the animal hospital. She was all bloated and vomiting. After some tests they found she had some kind of round thing (probably from a bone) in her intestines. They planned surgery, but then they saw it was moving, and eventually it passed. But it was an overnight stay, and multiple x-rays and ultrasounds. It didn't look good for a time, but she's now OK, and is getting back to normal.
1584371879100.png

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
On Friday we had to bring Penny to the animal hospital. She was all bloated and vomiting. After some tests they found she had some kind of round thing (probably from a bone) in her intestines. They planned surgery, but then they saw it was moving, and eventually it passed. But it was an overnight stay, and multiple x-rays and ultrasounds. It didn't look good for a time, but she's now OK, and is getting back to normal.
View attachment 6083

She looks like a very good girl.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
We had a shih-tzu named Mr. Pibb. (My wife and I collect Coca-Cola items and gave him the name of a Coke product.) He lived to 18. He loved to play in water. Every time we took him to a beach, a stream or a park with a lake, he'd run to get in the water. We even bought him a wading pool to play in. He usually looked really cute – except for the one time he decided to play with the garden hose in our backyard.

1584422748777.png

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
having my cute little kitty cat makes me feel better.

she's got a hairy little cat butt.

she is painfully cute.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sometimes I think Athena has a good pelt. I bet it could be made into like 1 sock or half a scarf.

Just to make it very clear, that is one of those asshole jokes like I like to make. I love that stupid cat and she is my closest family. I have an aunt and uncle but they are up in Melbourne. (I know I'm repeating myself here.) I used to have a GF but who knows if that will ever happen again. I only see them like 8 times a year. Also they are not Koopmans. Athena is the only other American Koopman besides me.

Maybe this post is too revealing. I was just thinking of a stupid joke about my cat's pelt.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Often times I try to pet or kiss Athena nicely by the ears or belly and she gets angry and scratches me then I bleed from my hands and it hurts to wash it.

That is unpleasant. And also painful.

I tell her all the time to "stop being scratchy" but she doesn't listen for some reason. I think that's because she's a cat and can't understand English.

But for some reason I still dig her and do what I can to keep her alive and with a belly full of meow mix and treats and ice water. (She likes ice water so I try to keep it constantly stocked for her.)

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So, watching I Am Legend got me thinking of a fun German Shepherd story from before I was born. When my parents first moved in together (I bet they were bangging like bunnies, yuck) they lived in the Philly city limits. I think it was Chestnut Hill. My dad had a Shepherd named Fritz from before they got together. He also had a (not joking) retarded cat named Molly but that's a story for a different time. The area of town wasn't that great cause they were just starting out and my dad would have to leave my mom alone during the day when he went to work. The story goes one time a guy showed up at the door asking to use the bathroom. My mom said no cause that's creepy and gross and she was a woman alone in the house. The guy knocked a few more times. Mom then warned him if he tried again she'd sick the dog on him. He tried again. So good old Mary Ann opened the door and let Fritz out. He chased the guy down the street and bit his leg. You don't mess with Koopmans (even though she was a future Koopman at the time)...human or K-9.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
cool-story-hansel

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We have to bank on the idea that people will be fearful of Penny's piercing bark, because when you actually let her get at the stranger, she just sniffs and asks to be pet.