Perfect Albums

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Pink Floyd - The Wall (listened to in it's entirety in sequence)

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Steely Dan - Aja
PJ Harvey - Dry
Aimee Mann - I'm With Stupid
Yes - The Yes Album
Boston - Boston
Juliana Hatfield - Only Everything
Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville
Chicago - II
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp
Elastica - Elastica
Squeeze - East Side Story
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold
Nirvana - Nevermind
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
U2 - Achtung Baby

These are all albums that I listen to all the way through. I'm a big album guy. I can probably come up with a dozen more if I think about it.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
If I had to name only three "perfect albums" like JHDK did, I would pick the Beatles' Revolver and Rubber Soul and Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick. The original Thick As A Brick album included The St. Cleve Chronicle & Linwell Advertiser, a 12-page newspaper parody which is every bit as enterainiing as the music. "Do not see me Rabbit." If I were to pick a fourth one, it would be the Rolling Stones' Aftermath.

1573348704580.png

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
All good choices, many awesome albums. My personal favorite NIN album is With Teeth, which I often listen to straight through.

Here's some more:

The Cars - The Cars
Billy Joel - The Stranger

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison (the prison announcements in between songs are a nice touch!)
Depeche Mode - Violator
Radiohead - OK Computer
Stevie Ray Vaughn - In Step
Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

To name just a few.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Jon , we think alike. If I had to keep my list to three I'd add Led Zeppelin II to Rumors and The Wall. Boston's first album would complete my Mt. Rushmore with honorable mentions to Pink Floyd- The Dark Side of the Moon and AC/DC- Back in Black.

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Pretty much just Exile In Guyville - an underground classic. I also have the Girlysound songs. After that era, I only like a handful of her songs.
Exile is groundbreaking in so many ways. Showing that a woman can have thoughts once reserved for men. The lyrics. Her compositional style. The chord structure. I'm sure she uses some funky guitar tuning. A very popular "underground" album.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That seems like a pretty contemporary album for you.

How so? While I stopped listening to pop in 1985ish, i listened to rock til early 90s then alternative until about y2k when I stopped listening to current stuff for the most part. But I probably have a handful of songs from almost every year even this one in my library.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
How so? While I stopped listening to pop in 1985ish, i listened to rock til early 90s then alternative until about y2k when I stopped listening to current stuff for the most part. But I probably have a handful of songs from almost every year even this one in my library.
I stand corrected. You've often given the impression that things stopped for you in the 80s/early 90s.